show us your shop

mikesscrollsaw

BIG or small show us where you do your best work!

here's mine, its a 1.5 car garage attached to the house.

inkskape drawing of the area, top left is the scroll saw area, the top is work bench from wall to wall

myshop.jpg

the scroll saw area

b32ab14b.jpg

left of that

bdad991b.jpg

the sanding and assembly area

5b30d8f2.jpg

some tools on the side wall,

b7fc76be.jpg

the open area where a car might go I have a foldable ladder set up in the scafolding mode with wood across it to make a table, I do my finish work here, it's not nearly big enough but I'm betting it's not the smallest either!

Ok here you all go. My shop actual size is 12 x 24 but I do not use that whole area for actual work space although I am thinking about redoing the layout of things. But here is a general picture of the shop for you. You will notice that there is space behind the blue wall. This is where I have a desk and a couple of chairs and my dust collector. This is where I go when I want to sit down and relax a little bit while I am in the shop. It is a little less dusty in there and I also have some storage for some general items that I do not use often. I also, as you may have noticed, built all my work benches at the same height which is the height of my table saw which makes it a little bit easier when I am cutting down large sheet goods.

thumb_IM000290.jpg

This is my router station that I built into my side work bench with storage for the router bits under it.

thumb_IM000292.jpg

There are a few more pictures of the shop and some storage ideas that I am using in my gallery

http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery ... ?album=506

that you may find useful. Comments are welcome. I need to take a couple more pictures of some new additions I have in the shop now like my lathe station which I have yet to learn to use properly.

There are a couple mods i need to do to my shop, short of building a new building in the yard strickly for the wood shop, I need better organization, I want to build some cabinets to replace those wire shelves you see, and I want to adjust the height of all the tools to be the same based around the table saw. right now they are almost all different making things a little more difficult to manage. since it's still a garage and my other hobby is offroading with a jeep wrangler I have a bunch of mechanic tools and jeep parts along with other stuff in the shop area which simply take up alot of room. Not to mention my Harley parked next to my drying wood pile. My tools need to stay portable so I can move them out of the way when a vehicle needs to be brought in.

This is my little bolt hole, its only 13ft by 8ft I have boarded up the roof joist and put in a large trap door I use it for wood storage

Its mostly made from kitchen cabinets and worktops, the largest tool is the bandsaw that i use to resaw my wood, I also plumbed in some 2" waist pipe along both sides with outlets for dust collection its attached to a shop vac and works a treat.........Paul

thumb_Workshop.JPG

heres mine it's 20 x 30 and real dirty but it's home http://www.scrollsawvillage.com/gallery ... ?album=489

do you scroll with your table at an angle like that? I've never seen it done like that before

I like your finishing table idea, boards with nails and then you can move them individually into the drying area, takes up less space .

Here is my little hole in the wall. it aint much but it is enough for me to do what I have to do. My shop is a 10 by 12 storage building that I converted into my shop. Note the insulation that I put in , it helps in the winter and summer. I installed a little window unit air conditioner and I also have a little 20 dollar blower heater that I purchased at Walmart I keep beside my scrollsaw and it works great . I do most of my cutting with miter saw outside of the shop due to shop size. The cut table is something I came up with around 10 yrs. ago when I was doing alot of trim work in houses. I like it because I have extensions I can put on both ends and cut long wood by myself and it is portable I set it up on foldable sawhorses. Another good thing about it is you can nail stop blocks down when cutting alot of lumber the same size this is one thing I dont like about those portable stands for miter saws. Anyway here is some pictures of my little piece of woodwork heaven. :thumbs:

Clayton I see you have some set of architech drawers that they keep plans in too, they are great for keeping wood in aren't they. I keep all my short pieces in the top and the long thin boards at the bottom and everything else in between. My husband has one of those wood lathes. Great shop we can see it is well used. :thumbs:

Marg