Prepping Baltic Birch Before Scrolling

Heli_av8tor

Peter, @woodduck your profile shows an ex-21 type saw, try using double sided tape to stick a playing card over the blade entry hole making it a zero clearance saw.  It could be that the delicate piece is vibrating with the saw stroke. 

I use this to hold down the delicate piece close to the blade too.  I need to take a better pic to show that the long part that is placed down is not even with the curled part, so pressing down places pressure on the curled part.

extra-finger.jpg

Edited by JimErn

12 hours ago, JimErn said:

Peter, @woodduck your profile shows an ex-21 type saw, try using double sided tape to stick a playing card over the blade entry hole making it a zero clearance saw.  It could be that the delicate piece is vibrating with the saw stroke. 

I use this to hold down the delicate piece close to the blade too.  I need to take a better pic to show that the long part that is placed down is not even with the curled part, so pressing down places pressure on the curled part.

extra-finger.jpg

Thank you for the tip Jim, I have put magnetic sheet over the table with a very small blade hole . maybe the ply we can get down here is not up to the quality of your Baltic Birch ply, even if it is Marine ply. Cheers Peter