Blade recommendation

rash_powder

I have a project I would like to make for my wife, and would like to make it from mahogany.  The thickest pieces would be either 3/4” or 1-1/2” thick.  I haven’t quite decided yet.  If I oot for the 1-1/2”, what blade would you guys recommend? I would have to glue two boards together and don’t quite feel my skill is up to cutting two pieces the same and then glueing.  

ive also never worked mahagony before.  Is it very hard?  I will need to redraw some to get 1/4” boards too as none are available locally.

thanks!!

Genuine Mahogany is fairly soft as is African Mahogany. 1 1/2” Mahogany will be tough cutting though. Suggesting a blade is tough as everyone has their favorite blade. I use Olson and Flying Dutchman blades. Of the blades I have and use, I would use either an Olson skip tooth #7 or #9 or I would use a FD Ultra Reverse #5 or #7 or FD Polar #7 or # 9. The Polar blades are a skip tooth blade which work well in thick wood as it doesn’t have reverse teeth that will clog up the kerf with saw dust.