Ex 21

Dan Page

This is an issue I had with my EX-21 .. Here is the topic I posted with my fix method.. I have run over 100 hours since I fixed it and it hasn't moved one bit.. other than when I intentionally move it.. 

Somewhere there is another discussion about this and the fix was just wrapping a rubber band around it.. Probably a much easier / quicker method.. I just like doing everything the hard way.. Makes my life more interesting..

Merry Christmas

• 1 month later...

Ok I tried to reach that nut on my saw and thought I had it where it wouldn't move and it worked for a while then started moving again. Sunday afternoon I tore into it a little farther where I could reach it better and put some loctite on it. Used it for an hour or so this evening and so far so good. Fingers crossed it fixed the issue. Thanks for all the help

9 hours ago, Dan Page said:

Ok I tried to reach that nut on my saw and thought I had it where it wouldn't move and it worked for a while then started moving again. Sunday afternoon I tore into it a little farther where I could reach it better and put some loctite on it. Used it for an hour or so this evening and so far so good. Fingers crossed it fixed the issue. Thanks for all the help

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to buy a new nut and shaft for it.. Ray at Seyco stocks them.. He said the threads get worn over time.. and eventually gets loose.. Loc-tite will help tighten things up but eventually it'll need it again and or just replace it.. 

9 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to buy a new nut and shaft for it.. Ray at Seyco stocks them.. He said the threads get worn over time.. and eventually gets loose.. Loc-tite will help tighten things up but eventually it'll need it again and or just replace it.. 

I know this is not the "approved" method but if you can see where the nut should be at when properly adjusted, take the threaded shaft out and lightly peen the threads in that area to "fatten" them up a bit. It might save having to buy a new shaft and nut.