Pegas Blades

Dave Monk

2 minutes ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

Are you sell FD blades too??

No, John, just Pegas.  I used FD blades for years purchased from Mike.  Bob Duncan of Pegas gave ArtCrafters the opportunity to distribute Pegas.  I use the MGT blades on the demo saw at ArtCrafters and am very impressed.  With that said, if not for this opportunity, I would still be using FD blades.

13 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Denny, are you going to service any parts for the Pegas saws? There has been some talk about bearings and sleeves. It would be nice to know where to get them. And if they will fit the green Excalibur saws. Any info at all would be appreciated.

Hi Ray.  At this time no to service or parts.  So far, I had a few questions about service.  I was able to help in one instance, but referred others to Bob Duncan.  I will leave service to the experts.

On 12/24/2019 at 10:13 PM, Denny Knappen said:

I am truly humbled by these comments.  I bought blades from Mike for years and considered him a good friend.  I still remember that wonderful Dutch accent.  I hope to provide the service standard set by Mike.

I just sent an email. I like the idea of purchasing from a small family business. Good luck

1 hour ago, Woodmaster1 said:

Glad to know you are a pegas dealer. I will start using you as my supplier, you won't get rich off my orders because they will be small and infrequent. Good luck on your endeavor I am looking forward to working with you.

Thanks so much.  We don't plan on getting rich either.  Can you tell me what Pegas supplies you use?

1 hour ago, Dennisfm56 said:

Already in the mail, well done sir. BTW,  the Dayton area is where I want us to relocate. My wife however is another story. I hate where we currently live, but love my wife, so...

That seems to be a dilemma that many of us suffer from. I'd like to relocate. My wife says she's perfectly happy where we are and keeps throwing it in my face that we  are 76 years old and have no business moving. I might be 76 but I refuse to believe it. I am wanting to move somewhere that has a much lower cost of living so we could afford to do some things before we perish. But, like you said,............

I live in Canada , tried Denny out, service great/ excellent  ,prices good/ excellent, delivery is about 10 days about the same as from Mike's. I like the idea of buying from a fellow hobbyist that I can relate to and that shares ideas on forums such as this. Delivery rates are about $10.00 bucks in U.S currency or $13 in Canadian dollar, very good as I receive the blades thru regular mail.  

35 minutes ago, Norm Fengstad said:

I live in Canada , tried Denny out, service great/ excellent  ,prices good/ excellent, delivery is about 10 days about the same as from Mike's. I like the idea of buying from a fellow hobbyist that I can relate to and that shares ideas on forums such as this. Delivery rates are about $10.00 bucks in U.S currency or $13 in Canadian dollar, very good as I receive the blades thru regular mail.  

Nice to hear that the blades were shipped in an envelope.  How many blades did you order? I had ordered  a couple of dozen blades from a supplier and they were shipped in a box.  When I phoned to comment on that and asked why the didn`t ship in an envelope, they said I didn`t know anything about shipping and that this was how it had to be shipped.  I know that Mike sent the sample pack in a padded envelope through regular mail, much more reasonable shipping!

7 minutes ago, barb.j.enders said:

Nice to hear that the blades were shipped in an envelope.  How many blades did you order? I had ordered  a couple of dozen blades from a supplier and they were shipped in a box.  When I phoned to comment on that and asked why the didn`t ship in an envelope, they said I didn`t know anything about shipping and that this was how it had to be shipped.  I know that Mike sent the sample pack in a padded envelope through regular mail, much more reasonable shipping!

Hi Barb.  I send all blades using an envelope 6” x 9”.  I staple the packs to mat board so the won’t slide around.  I shipped as many as four gross in an envelope with no problems.  

54 minutes ago, Norm Fengstad said:

Thanks for the nice comments, Norm.