Today’s Puzzles

OzarkSawdust

1 hour ago, dgman said:

Nice work Gary. I’m curious what you soak them in. I usually wipe of the excess oil with a blue shop towel, then let them sit on the drying rack. No need for a drip pan and things dry faster. 

Thanks Dan! I do it in true Iggy Puzzle Zombie style...dip in pure mineral oil and let sit on a rack.

I did the first few separate parts overnight, and wiped the parts with a paper towel next day. This batch I'm trying his method. Dip all together then put on a rack for 2 days together.  They look better already. I think I kept them in way too long before, let them sit for a few min. then turned them over and sit for a few min. more. More like cooking a brat on the grill...LOL.

1 hour ago, Denny Knappen said:

Wow, Gary, you are sure busy in the winter shop!

Hey Denny...you got that right! I'm trying to build up stock for a couple of craft shows in first half of Jan. With all our friends down here for the winter, parties, dances, dinners, daytrips to Mexico and So. Padre Island, etc., etc., it's going to be tough to get any work done...LOL. Sunshine and 80* here now! 

you are one busy person. I made a lot of Christmas gifts but did not take any photos. Just got a new computer  as my other one was shutting down on my as I worked and lost a lot of saved items. But before it quit, I lost my auto log in that I set several years ago but luckily for me, Travis got right on it and I am back again

Dick

heppnerguy

15 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

you are one busy person. I made a lot of Christmas gifts but did not take any photos. Just got a new computer  as my other one was shutting down on my as I worked and lost a lot of saved items. But before it quit, I lost my auto log in that I set several years ago but luckily for me, Travis got right on it and I am back again

Dick

heppnerguy

Hey Dick, I wondered where you went!