Woot - on a roll! Todays Cuts

new2woodwrk

16 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

Working out the kinks to my process and trying to remember how I did things last year LOL

I cut out a bunch of puzzles in some poplar we bought at Lowes - $20 for 8"x6' board - got 9 patterns out of it. Originally had 11, but after gluing them, somehow the layout didn't work the 2nd time LOL

I rough cut them all, drilled the holes for the inner pieces on all of them, stacked them for cutting and was able to put out 2 cuts today:

Not sure where I got this pattern so if it belongs to someone here thank you:

yorkie-puzzle-1.thumb.jpg.9e2091ee321ef5fb07c9f376a89938d0.jpg

Pattern Removed

yorkie-puzzle-2.thumb.jpg.74fc578ce6080b8f28cb7fe86e5a6a56.jpg

This one I cut, but it's too small - the tabs for a few were too small and don't stay in so I'm going to use it as a sample, and cut a larger one

Paper not removed on this one yet - The pattern came of the woodimals book for this one

pitbull-puzzle.thumb.jpg.014f829bd52407d953fac51e5eec15ac.jpg

Both will get finished tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks as always for reading

The Yorkie is a Harvey Byler pattern. You may have gotten it from Scott or Wooden Teddy Bear. In either case, looks good.

8 minutes ago, Wichman said:

Pro tip: (from Steve Good) when you've got the layout perfect, take a picture of it with your phone so you have a reference.

LOL - I did that but couldn't get the whole board in one frame.

I ended up taking 3 pics to get the whole layout  - when I went to glue them down, I must have flipped a few of the duplicate cuts and lost the 2 spaces