DW 788 Dust Collection

Vector01

Like many I don't have a shop to work in. I have to cut in my living room. Keeping my work area as clean as possible is paramount. Keeps the dust from flying all over the place and reduces the chances of inhaling same (I wear a dust mask). I came up with this solution that has been working great so far.

The pictures attached show the set up and dust that accumulated after cutting 3/4" pine for about an hour. I was suprised how well the mini shop vac worked. You do have to take the vac outside dump it and and brush off the paper filter after about six hours of cutting.

I try and place the vac hose as close to the hole in the table as possible. If its to close to the lower blade holder you'll know. You can hear the blade holder hitting the hose.

post-695-134955567607_thumb.jpgpost-695-134955567616_thumb.jpgpost-695-134955567623_thumb.jpgpost-695-134955567631_thumb.jpgpost-695-134955567641_thumb.jpg