LOL I've been sawing away!

Whisper

So far I've made a segmented butterfly, a segmented whale, a leaf trivet and a basket. They're not that great. I sure hope I get better at this. Right now I'm working on an intarsia butterfly. I used shelf paper and adhesive, but some of the pattern pieces starting coming off while I was sawing. Needless to say, that didn't help matters any. I still don't have my sanders put together and working, so all I have made so far have been hand sanded. I've got a ton of learning curves all at once, so it feels like I have 10 thumbs. 👍

Sounds like you are keeping busy with your saw and learning. One thing I learned is that around here, if you don’t show photos, it didn’t happen. 😉 so show us some of those projects. The more you cut, the better you get. I think we all have had that pattern lifting issue from time to time. Depending on how bad it is, I will go retape, apply some temp. Glue, or just try to hold it down to finish.

4 minutes ago, meflick said:

Sounds like you are keeping busy with your saw and learning. One thing I learned is that around here, if you don’t show photos, it didn’t happen. 😉 so show us some of those projects. The more you cut, the better you get. I think we all have had that pattern lifting issue from time to time. Depending on how bad it is, I will go retape, apply some temp. Glue, or just try to hold it down to finish.

I think I am the only person alive who has no cell phone. :)  I have tablets, but I need to figure out how to get a picture to post online with them.

8 hours ago, Whisper said:

I think I am the only person alive who has no cell phone. :)  I have tablets, but I need to figure out how to get a picture to post online with them.

take the pic with the tablet, log in and start a thread, then all you have to do is drag the pic from the tablet gallery to the thread where it says drag files here