Globe with African Animals

Charlie E

I saw this done on Etsy as a paper cutting. I contacted the artist and they directed me to https://depositphotos.com/2596200 to purchase the image. The animals don't pop quit as much as I'd like but such is life huh. The cutting is 3/8" red oak and the frame is made from 3/4 red oak. 

African animals cutting.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

You did a wonderful job.  If I was the pattern maker though, I would have made the Africa continent  the middle of the globe. 

You thought of that quicker than me. I was through cutting it before I thought of it. I guess it hadn't occurred to me that they were all African animals. I think I could pull off drawing Africa so I may try that some day. 

27 minutes ago, Frank Pellow said:

Very nice but also confusing because North and South America are not home to  those animals.

If it were me, I would do it again and place he African continent in the middle.  Is it too late to make a change?

Yeah, Paul already pointed that out. I'm happy with it since I live in the US and love animals from all over the world. May do it again some day with Africa but definitely not changing this one.