Good news for Excalibur owners

OCtoolguy

I have been in an ongoing conversation with Bob Duncan from Pegas/Grobet regarding availability of bearings/sleeves and other miscellaneous parts for the older Excalibur saws. Pegas will supply the individual parts without needing to buy whole assemblies. Unfortunately, they will NOT service the bearings/sleeves for the original blade clamps as they are different than what they use in their clamps. But if you upgrade or have upgraded to their clamps you are good to go on all bearings/sleeves. No need to purchase parts that you don't need as has been the case up til now.

I don't remember for sure now... but I don't recall changing out any bearings or sleeves when I upgraded my EX-21 to the Pegas clamps.. Anyone done this recently that can jog my memory on this? I'm wondering because you say if we have the upgraded chucks that we can get those bearings too.. which has me confused because as I said.. I don't recall changing anything.. But maybe I did??

Also was under the impression that the Pegas had a smaller bearing in the rock shaft at the back of the saw... Maybe the same rock shaft with a smaller I.D. bearing and sleeve? I don't know but Bob has mentioned numerous times about the smaller bearing.. Honestly unless it's someone I know is very mechanical inclined I rarely believe anything they say about mechanical stuff until i take it apart myself.. Sorry but it's the years and years of building  /  rebuilding and restoring cars that make me a dis-believer of things.. Especially where cars have so many split year parts where they redesigned something mid- year.. Ford was terrible with that in the late 70's - late 80's.. maybe still that way, LOL..

Anyway enough of the non believing stuff.. assuming the parts are in fact the same... will they be putting these parts on a website or just have to call Bob or a Pegas distributor? 

21 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

I don't remember for sure now... but I don't recall changing out any bearings or sleeves when I upgraded my EX-21 to the Pegas clamps.. Anyone done this recently that can jog my memory on this? I'm wondering because you say if we have the upgraded chucks that we can get those bearings too.. which has me confused because as I said.. I don't recall changing anything.. But maybe I did??

Also was under the impression that the Pegas had a smaller bearing in the rock shaft at the back of the saw... Maybe the same rock shaft with a smaller I.D. bearing and sleeve? I don't know but Bob has mentioned numerous times about the smaller bearing.. Honestly unless it's someone I know is very mechanical inclined I rarely believe anything they say about mechanical stuff until i take it apart myself.. Sorry but it's the years and years of building  /  rebuilding and restoring cars that make me a dis-believer of things.. Especially where cars have so many split year parts where they redesigned something mid- year.. Ford was terrible with that in the late 70's - late 80's.. maybe still that way, LOL..

Anyway enough of the non believing stuff.. assuming the parts are in fact the same... will they be putting these parts on a website or just have to call Bob or a Pegas distributor? 

Kevin, you are right about the new Pegas clamp upgrade. I put a set on my Ex and they used the original bearings and sleeves so I'm not sure what Bob meant on that matter. My original inquiry was regarding the availability of the bearings & sleeves through Pegas as replacement parts for the original Excalibur saws.

3 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Kevin, you are right about the new Pegas clamp upgrade. I put a set on my Ex and they used the original bearings and sleeves so I'm not sure what Bob meant on that matter. My original inquiry was regarding the availability of the bearings & sleeves through Pegas as replacement parts for the original Excalibur saws.

I'm not sure what you mean by bearings and sleeves.  When I put the Pegas clamps on my excaliber, there was a sleeve that went over the mounting screw

SS-2020-02-26_11.09.12.jpg

10 minutes ago, JimErn said:

I'm not sure what you mean by bearings and sleeves.  When I put the Pegas clamps on my excaliber, there was a sleeve that went over the mounting screw

And there you have it.. I do remember the sleeves being different.. same bearing just a longer sleeve I think.. Thanks Jim for the refresher..

3 hours ago, JimErn said:

Thanks JIm, I must have had a brain fart there for a bit. I also got the same thing in my set and now I recall greasing up the new sleeves prior to inserting them. I DID know for sure though that I didn't replace any bearings.