Double up

OzarkSawdust

Thank you everyone for the kind words!! I never intended to sell much when I brought the saw down for the winter. Just play around with a couple of craft shows at the 55+ RV parks to get rid of the stuff I was making. It's taken on a life of it's own!! Iggy waved his Poplar board and turned me into a Puzzle Zombie, and I've sold over 75 at the shows in January & February...and still have some craft shows and a car show next month. Not what most of you do...but it's good for the places I'm showing now. 

I was talking with a few people showing them some pictures of other stuff I do...when a guy wanted me to make a cross for his daughter's collection. So I doubled the price of a puzzle and told him I would. After I finished it I sent him a photo and a list of shows I was doing. He told me which one he would pick it up at...and I put it on the table to take orders off of till he picked it up. I got three more orders from it!  Now I have two weeks to fill the orders, crosses and dogs with names, and to replenish my stock before the next batch of shows. 

All I can say is...next year I'm bringing stock!!! I've made enough so far to pay the RV lot rent for 4 months next winter! Not bad for a hobby.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:17 PM, OzarkSawdust said:

Thank you everyone for the kind words!! I never intended to sell much when I brought the saw down for the winter. Just play around with a couple of craft shows at the 55+ RV parks to get rid of the stuff I was making. It's taken on a life of it's own!! Iggy waved his Poplar board and turned me into a Puzzle Zombie, and I've sold over 75 at the shows in January & February...and still have some craft shows and a car show next month. Not what most of you do...but it's good for the places I'm showing now. 

I was talking with a few people showing them some pictures of other stuff I do...when a guy wanted me to make a cross for his daughter's collection. So I doubled the price of a puzzle and told him I would. After I finished it I sent him a photo and a list of shows I was doing. He told me which one he would pick it up at...and I put it on the table to take orders off of till he picked it up. I got three more orders from it!  Now I have two weeks to fill the orders, crosses and dogs with names, and to replenish my stock before the next batch of shows. 

All I can say is...next year I'm bringing stock!!! I've made enough so far to pay the RV lot rent for 4 months next winter! Not bad for a hobby.

You have the silver bullet for craft shows!!!! I will try to keep this in mind!!! Thanks friend!!!!