From a Stool to a chair with my 788 De Walt

qlty

I'm 6 ft tall and with My type 1 De Walt SS on the factory stand I had to climb onto the shop stool every time so I took it off the stand and have it mounted on a plank that sits on a 24 inch tool stand.Now I use a secretary type chair on rollers that gives me better control and vision of my workpiece (cutting).I can adjust the angle to suite by shimming up the rear of the plank.I believe who ever designed the De Walt stand intended it for stand up operation of the saw.Any how it has made a world of difference for my comfort when scrolling,you never know till you try a different way.JMO Now what to do with an empty SS Stand ??Maybe a new home for my belt sander hmmm

I like this idea a lot. My knees won't take standing any more. The Idea of shimming up the back side of your saw to an angle that suits your comfort zone takes away my worry of "how will I be Able to see my work if I get to comfy", well there I go.. Great Idea, and I intend on a test drive soon.

i love hearing all the ideas ,likes and dislikes here as it makes me see things from their eye's and ear's.Who would have thought if you never heard of it before.I still haven't angled my saw waaay up in the back,probably35 degree's?right now it's only about 20.Yeah buddy the chairs the cats meow for comfort on those long projects.One thing i really want to do is mount the scroll saw in a table so i have a good flat extra large work zone for a no droup, thin large projects like 40" x 40" which is the max i can do on the dw788.I like doing big ! :)