Air Quality Tester?

new2woodwrk

Does anyone use an Air Quality tester in their shop?

I've been doing so much cutting lately, I've been considering adding one to the shop.

The pine I get makes so much dust when it's cut on the table saw, it sometimes makes a small cloud for a few minutes. Specially when doing rabbets and lap joints.

Thanks in advance as always

Amazon has a bunch of different air quality monitors.  I bought one on eBay which works well but tells me what I already knew.  When I use the Dust collection set up on my scroll saw, the numbers go up a bit but not bad.  On my table saw, my large dust collector is hooked up to it and does ok but still need to run the air filter.

This is the monitor that I bought.

1638292678_s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.61fdb337359d1d944ac6fa0ba38e1e7c.jpg

The HF 2hp is what I have as well and it's a decent unit for the money that's for sure.. I got mine on sale plus the 20% off coupon brought it down to about $130 out the door tax title and license..😂 While it could use a better cloth filter with a better micron rating.. that's something that can be bought at a later time.. though I've had mine for about 4-5 years maybe longer.. and still use that HF bag.. That said.. only thing hooked up to it is the planer and bandsaw.. that bandsaw can make a lot of sawdust when resawing... Like to plum up a Festool to the sanders and scroll saws.. Just need the Festool and a lot of piping.. maybe a way to plumb everything with some waistgates or something.. Still like the Seyco deal for the scroll saws.. just wish there was a easy way to swap it from one saw to the next.. I'll have to figure something out with it but not messing with it until it gets above 40F out there..