Craft Season 2020

Iguanadon

I wouldn't bring any puzzle back home.. some shopper will cough on them and then contaminate them.. If you like you could just mail me what doesn't sell... come to think of it.. the money.. any cash money could be contaminated as well.. maybe send it too me as well I'll make sure to disinfect it.. Those that pay by card is probably a good thing.. but I wouldn't take the tablet that they have to sign on home.. so i'd also mail that out to me as well.. 

Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere for my sales.. That said... my wife is a RN and has to go work with all these sick people.. usually brings something home and shares it with me or the kids.. LOL

4 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

I wouldn't bring any puzzle back home.. some shopper will cough on them and then contaminate them.. If you like you could just mail me what doesn't sell... come to think of it.. the money.. any cash money could be contaminated as well.. maybe send it too me as well I'll make sure to disinfect it.. Those that pay by card is probably a good thing.. but I wouldn't take the tablet that they have to sign on home.. so i'd also mail that out to me as well.. 

Thankfully, I don't have to go anywhere for my sales.. That said... my wife is a RN and has to go work with all these sick people.. usually brings something home and shares it with me or the kids.. LOL

LOL!

It really could become interesting.  My company announced a total moratorium on travel for our 3,000 staff... no visits to clients, no conferences, etc.  I won't be surprised if craft events get cancelled if new cases continue to be found.

FYI - I know you were just joking about that stuff, but you are aware that with Square (maybe PayPal too?) signatures are no longer required for credit card purchases.  Be sure to turn it off if you haven't already.  So happy when they did that.

30 minutes ago, Iguanadon said:

LOL!

It really could become interesting.  My company announced a total moratorium on travel for our 3,000 staff... no visits to clients, no conferences, etc.  I won't be surprised if craft events get cancelled if new cases continue to be found.

FYI - I know you were just joking about that stuff, but you are aware that with Square (maybe PayPal too?) signatures are no longer required for credit card purchases.  Be sure to turn it off if you haven't already.  So happy when they did that.

Is that for swipe and chip?

I had a bad experience last year with PayPal on a card I swiped. The chip wouldn't work so I swiped and it worked. customer challenged the purchase. payPal would not cover my back. So I lost $20 on the sale PLUS the $20 charge back fee. The payPal chip reader I have is the pits. So I canned payPAl at craft shoes and now only use Square chip reader. If chip won't work - then tough! The % of cc sales vs cash keeps going up. One show I had last year had cc sales at 95% of sales!

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Is that for swipe and chip?

I had a bad experience last year with PayPal on a card I swiped. The chip wouldn't work so I swiped and it worked. customer challenged the purchase. payPal would not cover my back. So I lost $20 on the sale PLUS the $20 charge back fee. The payPal chip reader I have is the pits. So I canned payPAl at craft shoes and now only use Square chip reader. If chip won't work - then tough! The % of cc sales vs cash keeps going up. One show I had last year had cc sales at 95% of sales!

I only use chip, but I'd guess the signature required setting covers any type of transaction.  I have one venue where I do 3 shows a year with very poor cell service and end up having to do everything "offline" and as I'm driving home afterward, all the transactions flow through.  So far, never an issue.

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

I'm prepared also, I read, I think on here, so it has to be true, that alcohol kills the virus, so I picked up a bottle of Jameson at the store today.  At least if I get the virus,,,, I may not care.

Well in that case, I’ve always been prepared!😜