Two drawer jewelry box

Ron Johnson

simply beautiful!!!! I have a few patterns for boxes like that but iv only ever made one with a girl I taught how to scroll. lol it wan't really hard but im scared to try it on my own.  just part of my disability …..the family dosnt know how much it really effects my life..  oh well i'll just have to find some old wood that won't matter if I mess it up and try one again!!! I work mostly in pine....what kind of wood did you use?

59 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Ron, that is beautiful, using a scroll saw did you cut each layer then glued together, with it being 4 1/4 thick, Thx RJ 

Thanks RJ. Five ⅞” Cherry cut individually, glued and drum sanded inside then cut and glued two ¼” Jarah for the back and front done on scroll saw. 

Edited by Ron Johnson

1 hour ago, Dragonkort said:

simply beautiful!!!! I have a few patterns for boxes like that but iv only ever made one with a girl I taught how to scroll. lol it wan't really hard but im scared to try it on my own.  just part of my disability …..the family dosnt know how much it really effects my life..  oh well i'll just have to find some old wood that won't matter if I mess it up and try one again!!! I work mostly in pine....what kind of wood did you use?

Thank you. I used Cherry, Jarah and Holly.