Rubber Finger Tips !

Eagledrum70

I just wanted to share this with everybody. Maybe some of you have tried it already . I cut my pictures with regular 2/0 scrollsaw blades , I have never really used spiral blades. I have always liked really getting into my cutting , but I have been looking for ways to make it a little bit easier on me. I have been doing some looking around and discovered these rubber fingertips that are used for fingering through documents or mail etc. They work really well . They grip pretty good with the paper pattern on the wood. Even with some dust on the wood they work pretty good.I put them on my index finger and middle finger of both hands and it allows me to hold down with literally one finger and spin the wood with one finger. I usually use both fingers to spin the wood . They come in different sizes , so you can get them to fit all fingers if you want . They can be bought online or at most office supply stores. One is called Swingline Rubber Finger Tips and most office supply stores have generic brands that work just as good. Swingline website is http://www.accobrands.com or just google rubber finger tips. Hope this is useful to some of you scrollers out there . Thanks Eagledrum70 :)

Hey Glenn ,I thought about simalar things to make scrolling easyer.I like haveing full control like haveing a suicide knob on a steering wheel of a car for ease of control.i'd like something sticking up from the pattern on the wood to help me steer the project thru the saw blade,possiably moveable.but it was a pipe dream and went in one ear and out the other.Now rubber tip fingers sounds simple enough! :)