still working on that order

heppnerguy

One more down another drying on the workshop table. Should be able to post it tomorrow, I hope

This is another of the request pieces from a cousin for Christmas presents. This is also a Steve Good pattern that she picked when she was with us a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, it was a fun and easy one to cut and I found that I enjoyed it when it was finished. I would have never chosen to cut it just from looking at it on Steve's page, but  now I have to say, I am glad she did choose it.

Dick

heppnerguy

fisherman.PNG

1 hour ago, Denny Knappen said:

Nice Dick.  The owner of our building is a professional fisherperson.  Maybe it should be "with her best catch".

Denny,

This is not for her,,,,It is for her son.   I am glad I did not make that kind of error. Thanks for pointing that out to me, as it  could have been a error, indeed

Dick

heppnerguy

oh I love that plaque!! hum iv tried to get all of steves  patterns but I don't remember that one....doesn't mean I don't have it, iv been getting his patterns in my email for years!!! I love that guy so giving to every one.  Before spike came into my life the only patterns I could get were steves in my email, until my mom gotl me a subscription to creative wood works and crafts...I still get his patterns delivered to me.  ahh fishing I don't know when I last went fishing.  I have fond memories of going fishing with my big brother......last time I went fishing must have been sometime in 93--94 after my ex left. My little sister took me to one of the rivers around here to fish.  funny thing is I don't like fish lol I always tell them i'll catch em, i'll clean em and i'll cook em but im NOT eating them lol  I can't wait to see what else you make

On 3/11/2020 at 4:44 PM, Dragonkort said:

oh I love that plaque!! hum iv tried to get all of steves  patterns but I don't remember that one....doesn't mean I don't have it, iv been getting his patterns in my email for years!!! I love that guy so giving to every one.  Before spike came into my life the only patterns I could get were steves in my email, until my mom gotl me a subscription to creative wood works and crafts...I still get his patterns delivered to me.  ahh fishing I don't know when I last went fishing.  I have fond memories of going fishing with my big brother......last time I went fishing must have been sometime in 93--94 after my ex left. My little sister took me to one of the rivers around here to fish.  funny thing is I don't like fish lol I always tell them i'll catch em, i'll clean em and i'll cook em but im NOT eating them lol  I can't wait to see what else you make

Funny thing about your fishing remarks. I worked for a wholesale sea food company for  40 years before I retired in 2012. We were allowed to take home enough fish for our family dinner, once a week. I rarely ever did so. Now as I get older i find that I am getting tired of beef, chicken and pork. I find it really boring. So now, whenever I go  into a restaurant, the first thing I check out is the sea food.  I can understand why people do not like fish, as there are way too many really bad fish items for sale and a poor quality piece of fish is so 'fishy' tasting that I do not see how anyone can eat it.  Maybe that is why so many people use a lot of tartar sauce on their fish. However, sea food has some much variety to choose from. Clams, oysters, scallops, muscles, shrimp, lobsters, crab, and a lot of different fish to choose from and all have a different flavor. It is just the matter of knowing which sea food item is mild and good tasting and which to avoid. I live on a lake that  is 3 feet from my patio. I have not fished in it for a couple of years but I spend many mornings sitting on my patio and feeding the fish and turtles in the mornings. Before we moved to Arizona, we lived in Eastern Oregon where our house overlooked a reservoir and I fished it a lot. I used to catch and release because I did not care enough for the fish I was catching to clean and eat more than maybe to times a year. Thank you for your comments and keep in mind, the right sea food choices can be really good and tasty

Dick

heppnerguy

lol your probly right, spike brings home shrimp every now and then, but its usully frozen and as he puts it its ok but nothing compaired to frish!! lol iv fished an caught and learn to clean trout and catfish mostly as that's what was in the lakes and rivers around here. lol and of course I don't like those. lol  I tell spike I like fishsticks because theres so much breading on it you can't really taste the fish lol  I like tuna too but that about all iv ever treid. oh I did try smelt once too as my ex liked smelt and would buy it once or twice a month and cook it up for breakfast for him and the kids. lol my mom told me when I was little I used to eat sardines and liked it but as I got older I decided I didn't like it anymore!! lol now my mom grew up in broklen new ;York and of course fish of all kinds were in her diet. lol  every once in a while she would make clam chowder and get canned oysters which she ate but the rest of us didn't lol  I might try some fish one of these days if  spike gets something other then shrimp!!! for some reason I just can't eat it because you can see I assume the blook vessels and my body just says no to that!!! lol now I KNOW I eat the blood vessules in the roast and other meats I eat but since I don't SEE them lol I guess that makes it easer to trick my mind into not thinking about it!!!  lol   we humans can be a rather  odd  spices lol