Been told inkscape won't work for me???

Hi everybody, I posted this on the other forums and would appreciate any help.  Thank you in advance.

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well and you members are staying safe.

My old iMAC (13 years old) went belly up about 2 weeks ago so I treated myself to a new one with a 24 inch screen...unbelievable, how much better the new technology is.  Any way, since we have nothing to do and unlimited time to do it, I thought that I would try to learn something about inkscape, to my dismay[frown], I found out that the program will not work on macOS Catalina, version 10.15.4, so I didn't take a chance and I did not download it.

Is anyone using inkscape with this new Apple release???

If so, could you please share any information about the program so I can put it on my new machine and maybe someday ditch the pencil and eraser.  Thanks for any help.

BE WELL to all.

Not a mac user, but this is what I saw.  There is no .dmg file for macOS for the current Inkscape version at this time.
Please use Inkscape 0.92.2 on macOS <= 10.14. For Catalina (macOS 10.15), there is no stable version available, please use the latest beta version of Inkscape 1.0 or the development version. I'd give the beta a try since it's free anyway. Always can delete.

On 3/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, Hudson River Rick said:

Hi everybody, I posted this on the other forums and would appreciate any help.  Thank you in advance.

Good morning everyone, I hope all is well and you members are staying safe.

My old iMAC (13 years old) went belly up about 2 weeks ago so I treated myself to a new one with a 24 inch screen...unbelievable, how much better the new technology is.  Any way, since we have nothing to do and unlimited time to do it, I thought that I would try to learn something about inkscape, to my dismay[frown], I found out that the program will not work on macOS Catalina, version 10.15.4, so I didn't take a chance and I did not download it.

Is anyone using inkscape with this new Apple release???

If so, could you please share any information about the program so I can put it on my new machine and maybe someday ditch the pencil and eraser.  Thanks for any help.

BE WELL to all.

I just recieved this from the admins/devs at Inkscape:

Hi there,Yes, you can download the beta version. It is easy to install.https://inkscape.org/release/1.0beta2/platforms/Keep in mind that it is still under development, so you might find some bugs.Maybe you or your friend can report those back to the developers, if you like.