An Attempt I Made

Scrappile

Recently @RabidAlien posted the pattern of the Jazz Trumpeter.   One I wanted to try so I did.  Not posting this because I am happy with it but more to give advice to anyone else that cuts it.  As you can see with mine, it does not show up well.  The reason is I did not enlarge the pattern enough, this is approximately 10" x 7.5" x 1/4".  When I do it again (out of wood right now), I will increase the size by at least 50% more.  That way the lines will be thick enough to let the white show through, and I will cut it in 1/8" pieces (stacked), that will also let the white show up more.  It is a fun cut and not real difficult.  There are some very fragile area and making it bigger will also strengthen them some.   I really enjoyed playing around with it, not sorry I tried and it will be on my do over list.  Is making a trip to a wood store essential???!!  Feels like it to me..

Just thought of another option, reverse it, doesn't look too bad.

Jazz man.jpg

IMG_4106.JPG

Edited by Scrappile

1 minute ago, Scrappile said:

Ya, I did think of a lighted shadow box or something similar.  Not going to put that much effort into this attempt, but I think it would work and be kinda neat.  Kris, you did a much better job of of it than I did.

I just tweeked your picture. I haven't cut this one. This is what yours would look like if back-lit.