WHY DO I NEED THIS?

amazingkevin

ryobi planer 13 inch .]Some works been coming in this week and i'm a few dollars ahead .Sure enough somebodys going to take it away from me. i have a sticky friend and he wants a planer so bad.I found this one on craigs list for $200. i found the same one in home depot for $229.I called him up and asked him is it the same one thats selling for 229.00? he called this morning and said if you want it ,you can have it for $100.00.So it's sitting in the house now looking at me like what are you going to do with me now that you had to have me,lolWhat does a scroller need a 13" planer for?Help Help,i might have to give it to my sticky friend for xmas! :)post-2756-134955570817_thumb.jpg

Now that you said that i do remember that there are piece's of furniture that i would like to remove the finish from rather than sand it or remove with paint remover .This will make a snap for doing that,Thanks for reminding me.I would like to make the keychains a lot thinner too.Thanks Messman your on the ball!Two brains are better than one around here! :)

I get free wood from a cabinet shop but it's all at least 3/4" thick. I resaw them then plane them. Also have used it to clean up rough cut wood and furniture pieces I have with finish applied.

I also do a little milling of my own. I got a chain saw mill I cut up trees then plane them smooth for scrolling.

So lots of reasons to keep the planer!

There is a lot of stuff on Craig's list and Ebay that are way over priced, then add in shipping?? People don't do their homework and pay more than they should. I've seen carving tools sell for 2 dollars more then sold at Woodcraft and then they pay the shipping!

Oh well you got a good deal, and bet you do find uses for it

Jim B

Kevin have you ever glued up a panel only to wish you had a way to smooth the whole side without a ton of sanding... the planer / thicknesser will do it quite nicely. If you are careful you can use it to reclaim pallet wood, you need to watch for nails and staples. You got a great deal.

DW