DeWalt Arm Lifter

Fedido

Saw a thread a couple years ago about these lifters but no way was I going to pay for that because I know better and can figure something out myself.  lol

I had my saw in the garage so I put it right under the open garage door and put a ring into the garage door. When it was open I just wrapped a long bungee cord around the arm of the saw and hooked it to that ring in the garage door. worked great.  take that and your $50 lifter. 

Of course I forgot i was hooked up and got up and slammed the garage door closed and heard something smash into it really loud.  uh oh. 

Opened the door and the saw was dangling there by the bungee wrapped around the upper arm.  

Lesson learned.  Dont connect your saw to a giant swinging door. 

Here is a link to the Jim Dandy Lift for the DeWalt. It will likely fit the other saws of the same design. Once came on my type 1 when I bought it and it has served the purpose well. I did tighten the spring one position when I added the LED lights to both sides of the upper arm, but have done nothing else to it.

The price is quite reasonable, but if I didn't get one with the saw, I probably would have made one similar to it. It is a very simple design. Two longer replacement screws, a spring, and an arm with a few carefully positioned holes.

https://jimdandy.com/products/easy-lift-system-for-dewalt-scroll-saw-dw788

Charley

The Jim Dandy lift is the only one I would consider buying.. I had it before the others came out.. While the others do the job too and many people like them I suppose.. they are not of a design that I care for personally.. You could probably make one fairly cheap if you already have some of the stuff laying around.. but honestly one could spend a lot of time fussing with something and trips to the hardware to get things needed.. I feel it's really reasonable priced at $30 and no fuss installation.. Maybe just me because I live in the boonies and a special trip to the hardware would cost me a couple bucks in fuel.. yes even at today's low prices. LOL