Forest scene.

Paul hd

looks great!! wish I had had a planer when we first moved here spike cut down a couple of small trees nd I could have planed them and used them lol oh well and no I still don't  have a planer lol athough I must admit im still half thinking about a cnc machine or engraver maybe...I saw some that you could take a picture and turn it into a wood pattern that the machine would make....im not sure if they can cut out thin pieces wood iv seen so many different things its hard to decide what I want lol...but I think an engraver would be the most affordable.

9 hours ago, Paul hd said:

Hi All,

Here is a Sue Mey pattern.

I decided to go with a natural edge on this occasion, maybe I will do the coat hanger in the future.

A very nice and easy pattern to cut.

I used Apple which I planed down to 6mm. 

Keep safe everyone

All my best,

Paul.

Love your work and video,s!!!

Thank you everyone for the great comments.👍

10 hours ago, Dragonkort said:

looks great!! wish I had had a planer when we first moved here spike cut down a couple of small trees nd I could have planed them and used them lol oh well and no I still don't  have a planer lol athough I must admit im still half thinking about a cnc machine or engraver maybe...I saw some that you could take a picture and turn it into a wood pattern that the machine would make....im not sure if they can cut out thin pieces wood iv seen so many different things its hard to decide what I want lol...but I think an engraver would be the most affordable.

Hi Dragon,

Here in the UK it is difficult to get real wood in for scroll saw work so that is why I went for the planer. I found a supplier of all sorts of wood in Hampshire and great prices.

I recently bought an engraver and love the thing. Here is my latest engraving making a couple of bits for my Mirror dinghy.

Thanks for the information!!! Im looking more and more at the ingravers…. trying to learn more about them and what they can do....I was thinking it might be nice to take pictures of family members and maybe ingrave them into  wood, and I think the ingravers iv been looking at can ingrave on some other materals to. just doing research to try to understand what cncs and engravers can do so I can decide what if anything i'll buy. lol