Denizen of the Night

RabidAlien

Another pattern from our Library, by Grampa.  Lots of little details, I cut those first, then worked up to progressively larger cuts.  Used several Pegas #1 and #3 MG blades.  Cheapass 1/2" ply that I had layin around....after the next pattern, I doubt I'll ever use that for scrolling again.  LOL

20200426_181149.jpg

all i use is cheap wood,so most likely the ply split and pieces break off. I have learned to fill in the parts of the cut where some of the top layer or two sort of splits off.  and i have gotten very good at making repairs.  love the owl by the way!! oh and one way to repair the piece where a layer or two has broken away is to take some sawdust (perferable from the piece you just cut) and glue and mix it together....then use this past to sort of fill in the split off pieces., building it back up to the the same level as the rest of the wood. i usuly got a little higher than that so once its dry you can sand it down until it looks pretty much the same as the rest of the wood...time consumeing yes but i have more time then i do money!! lol