Spring Has Sprung - Scroll Saw Challenge

Travis

2 hours ago, RabidAlien said:

So...I'm guessing this gives them someplace to go, instead of the eaves or behind shutters or anywhere near my own person whilst out working in the garage/shop?

That’s the plan, we will see. So far they are still around the deck.  Maybe they think it’s a vacation home out by the field. Haha

Spring is when the elk leave our property and head for the back woods, so I made two boxes with elk images. The boxes were made by stack cutting walnut and poplar, then mixing the cut pieces up a bit. The elk images were cut on an angle so they would fit into each other without a gap due to the thickness of the blade -- a new technique for me!.

elkboxa.jpg

elkboxb.jpg

elkboxc.jpg

On 5/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, dman said:

It's a beautiful spring day in WA!

My first stab at Intarsia -- a box with a rose on the lid. I saw one by Robert Ardizzoni and thought it would be a nice mother's day present for my wife. It's made from walnut and maple. She has a bit of trouble getting the lid to sit properly, as it is hardly symmetrical!

Intarsia.jpg

Intarsia1.jpg

Boy oh boy that,s a hand picked jewel for her,100 brownie points!!!

On 5/29/2020 at 2:40 PM, dman said:

Spring is when the elk leave our property and head for the back woods, so I made two boxes with elk images. The boxes were made by stack cutting walnut and poplar, then mixing the cut pieces up a bit. The elk images were cut on an angle so they would fit into each other without a gap due to the thickness of the blade -- a new technique for me!.

elkboxa.jpg

elkboxb.jpg

elkboxc.jpg

I really like these box’s. Beautiful 

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...