bandsaw/ resaw questions

DME72

2 hours ago, Rolf said:

.... Typically  I run a 5/8 Infinity resaw blade....

One of these days I'm going to have to convice you to run a Carbide.  Seem like all blades cut like butter, and are a joy right out of the box.  All blades I've tried, including Infinity seems to get out of the butter phase pretty quickly when re-sawing.  The Carbides cost a lot more, but give you a much longer windows of butter cutting.

For impatient me, it seems like when I have to exert any significant amount of force, the blades start doing their own thing, and the consistency and smoothness suffers.  And some pieces of wood have demons in them and try to drag the blade all over, which is very frustrating, but much less so with a larger Kerf blade.

Here is a cross link to the old SSWC thread on this:  https://forum.scrollsawer.com/forum/scroll-saw/tools-and-blades/834886-lenox-trimaster-high-end-carbide-bandsaw-blade

For those of you that didn't see it back when that thread was active,  check it out to see my awesome (or maybe adequate) phone photography skills . . . . . 🙂  You can also see some comparison cuts.

Edited by hotshot

14 hours ago, Rolf said:

Randy thanks for the reminder! I will certainly order one.  What is your current source? Also what tooth count and blade width are you running?

Hmmm, had to go look as I've not had to re-order for some time.  The blade is 3/4" and looks to be 3 tpi Lenox trimetal.  My last order was from  Industrial Blade (1-800-729-2523)

------Randy

• 2 weeks later...

just got a supercut bandsaw blade for my delta 14 inch saw. went with the 1/2   3 hook gold blade premium gold carbide blade. man the blade cuts cherry like butter.only made a few cuts but hopeful the blade holds up for a while.they are only about $30 on amazon. does anybody else run this blade? if so how long will it last.

doug

Edited by DME72