Bread Basket

Frank Pellow

Our neighbour, Penn, has taken up bread baking as one of his pandemic-coping activities.  I have gladly taken on the taster/tester role. 

Penn's French Baguette utilizing old Cheddar cheese is particularly good :

317161904_BaguettecookedbyPenn-small.thumb.JPG.7bc5e173b5e4bd5a5f539fe5dc0e62e4.JPG

I made him this, Steve Good designed, basket as a small thank-you gift:

601098923_BreadBasket1-small.thumb.JPG.19ca86797aed33eb86b37d3837a9a4dc.JPG     2021415043_BreadBasket2-small.thumb.JPG.200b7a1804c2756bc3de9f4aa5c06f35.JPG

what a wounderful thank you for your friend!!! his bread looks good too!! now is he using yeast or is it a yeastless bread?   also is he doing it all by scratch and by hand or does he use a bread making machine ?  I would  have loved to have had a bread machine when my kids were little lol I finally stoped making homemade bread because the family would eat it faster the  I could make it!! lol iv thought of getting a bread machine and making home made bread for me and spike but spike  says that's to much work  for just a loaf of bread!! lol can you tell I at oe time worked in a bakery?  lol I even know how to get the fillig into long johns and jelly donets lol 

38 minutes ago, Dragonkort said:

what a wounderful thank you for your friend!!! his bread looks good too!! now is he using yeast or is it a yeastless bread?   also is he doing it all by scratch and by hand or does he use a bread making machine ?  I would  have loved to have had a bread machine when my kids were little lol I finally stoped making homemade bread because the family would eat it faster the  I could make it!! lol iv thought of getting a bread machine and making home made bread for me and spike but spike  says that's to much work  for just a loaf of bread!! lol can you tell I at oe time worked in a bakery?  lol I even know how to get the fillig into long johns and jelly donets lol 

Penn makes his bread with yeast and does not use a bread machine.

My wife Margaret and I also make bread but, mostly, we use a machine and have done so since the early 1990s.  Margaret's father owned and ran a small bakery when she was a child.