Casarole dish tray

mikesscrollsaw

Not entirely a scrollsaw project however my scrollsaw was used to make portions of this. I got the idea from an old wood magazine I had

d4698c4b.jpg

6ee0d3d4.jpg

599b9307.jpg

76ef97dd.jpg

One is walnut and oak, the other is a soft maple and purpleheart.

Finished with Mohawk clear gloss

These are for my craft show in April. Just gotta get one more glass dish from Walmart.

What are your thoughts? Price? The glass dish is $7

The pattern came out of a wood magazine from 2006. I could copy it and post it I guess, or does that violate forum rules?

It most certainly would violate copyright law doing it that way. If you got written permission to do that from the magazine company then it would be ok. What magazine did it come out of? If you could give me more information on the name and any other information I can look it up perhaps in the library or find it online.

DW

The dish was 7$, the wood and materials (glue 2 blades sand paper and clear coat) was about $12 I think.

Took me about 3 hours to make.

On the oak/walnut one the wood was all free!

I guess my real question should have been what would you pay for it instead of what would you charge.

Several items I've made I just can't charge what it costs in labor. No one would pay that much. So some items I get hammered on then others I can hammer back and make up for it.

Figuring cost is always hard for me. I don't wanna ask too much but can't do it for free either.

Anyway. Thanks for all the comments.

I WOULD SAY THAT THESE ARE QUALITY DISH TRAYS SO DO NOT GIVE THEM AWAY,I would not supply the Casarole dish, only have one for display

purposes,this will reduce your cost and improve your profit if i was selling these i would price them at $39 each if customer requires it with dish $48 THEY WILL SELL.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR CRAFT FAIR

BRIAN

I WOULD SAY THAT THESE ARE QUALITY DISH TRAYS SO DO NOT GIVE THEM AWAY,I would not supply the Casarole dish, only have one for display

purposes,this will reduce your cost and improve your profit if i was selling these i would price them at $39 each if customer requires it with dish $48 THEY WILL SELL.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR CRAFT FAIR

BRIAN

that's about what I was thinking! (40 with the glass dish) however you must supply the glass dish because the tray is made to fit this specific dish. the length is made for the length of the dish and the handles are an outline of the handle of that specific dish. The glass handle fits exactly in the wood handle.

thanks