More Difficult Than I Thought.

Dave Monk

39 minutes ago, rjweb said:

Very nice Dave, I saw a quilt pattern on woodsmith site but was down on the table saw, RJ 

In the past I have done a quilt block on a table saw but it was much larger..  When I did that I could set up stops and could make all the pieces exactly the same.  I felt these pieces were way too small to do on a miter or table saw.

Thank you for your respect for my efforts, but to be honest,  I do fairly good quality and a LOT of quantity.  People tell me I have talent but I tell them "No  I have perseverance"                             Life is good.

This is my latest:

713235907_Donationboxforchurch2.thumb.jpg.73b4b87f4c29d98c531891afeb889b2e.jpg1278501568_Donationboxforchurch.thumb.jpg.28303bec6f1d46df25576db4388dd620.jpg

It is a offering box for a local church.  I have made three of them. It is made of Ash with inlay of their church logo, using  Mahogany and Maple and stained with golden oak stain.  Finished with Lacquer, inside and out.  Measures 7"x 10" x 3 1/2".  Slots in the end are for the offerings to the church to be inserted as it is passed instead of an offering plate.  This was inspired by the current virus scare.  

Edited by Jim Finn

your work is just beautiful!!!  I was thinking of trying to do some inlay work but I have to gt out my books and reread that part, if I remember right you tild the saw one way to make the inlay fllush with the wood and another way if you want it to stick out of the top a little....hum or maybe im thinking of something else all together!! lol doing a lot of research on the  things iv forgotten,, looking through my patterns and doing a little scroll sawing in-between!!

3 hours ago, Jim Finn said:

Thank you for your respect for my efforts, but to be honest,  I do fairly good quality and a LOT of quantity.  People tell me I have talent but I tell them "No  I have perseverance"                             Life is good.

This is my latest:

713235907_Donationboxforchurch2.thumb.jpg.73b4b87f4c29d98c531891afeb889b2e.jpg1278501568_Donationboxforchurch.thumb.jpg.28303bec6f1d46df25576db4388dd620.jpg

It is a offering box for a local church.  I have made three of them. It is made of Ash with inlay of their church logo, using  Mahogany and Maple and stained with golden oak stain.  Finished with Lacquer, inside and out.  Measures 7"x 10" x 3 1/2".  Slots in the end are for the offerings to the church to be inserted as it is passed instead of an offering plate.  This was inspired by the current virus scare.  

Beautiful work Jim.