Table angle HELP

Altman

Some people prefer to have their saw on an angle, it allows them to see their work better. As for the angle, just set it to one that best suits you. For me I prefer to have my saw flat on my scrollsaw stand and I use a swivel base bar stool that has a back rest (a yard/garage sale find).

I can picture the benefits of having the saw on an angle, but cant help wonder if you need to always hold onto the timber so that it doesnt slip down the table all the time..

Hi altman,good question!I never thought i'd like to have my saw on an angle but i tryed it and love it.not only doe's it make it much easyer too see what your cutting but it helps keep your back alineed for less stress and strain scrolling.This is a creature comfort and the angle you tilt your saw is what ever you like.2" is fine for me but more is allways better.I sit when i scroll so the pattern acually face's me which is a good thing.More saw dust ends up on my lap but for the benifit's i can't complain.i laughed about useing a foot switch but tryed it and would not be with out one now.It's better to try and fail then not try at all.but all the tips and tricks i've learned here really make for easyer scrolling!if you look on travis's gallery you can see his scroll saw on an angle.