homemade Dewalt EZ-lift simple design (no not mine)

blame

np i also liked the caster idea for mobility thou thats not an issue for me right now but that HB lift would be nice only thing its lacking is a foot pedal which would be a nice addition

doh! theres another project added to the list of i'd like to do's

foot pedal to lift the arm like on the older excaliber saws

his design holds the arm up all the time where i'd want the foot pedal to lift it so i wouldnt have to apply down pressure while i was trying to tighten the blade in the clamp

below is the saw in the arm lifted position (EZ-Lift)

pr_elift.gif

LOL...I can imagine myself with a scroll saw with casters, scrolling along with the saw moving further and further away until I fall out of my chair. Something right out of a Mr. Bean show. :lol:

That would be really handy, though. Especially for cleaning up. I make it a point to move the saw to vacuum up the sawdust at least once a year whether it needs it or not. :rofl:

LOL...I can imagine myself with a scroll saw with casters, scrolling along with the saw moving further and further away until I fall out of my chair. Something right out of a Mr. Bean show. :lol:

That would be really handy, though. Especially for cleaning up. I make it a point to move the saw to vacuum up the sawdust at least once a year whether it needs it or not. :rofl:

LOL that would be funny i want video of that! once a year? LOL

here is a pic hacked to show my idea of the pedal function granted is a quick hack but shows the idea :oops:

by pushing the pedal down it pulls the cable hooked to the arm i think it would help alot when doing any type of interior cutspost-206-13495551809_thumb.jpg

1 pc of cable 1/8" thick length depends on placement of the pulleys and pedals but 4 to 5 feet should get-R-done

2 1/8" pulleys

1 pc of steel flat stock 1.5" wide x 24" long 1/8" thick should be long enough (lifting arm) 24" ps should be a stanard precut size in most borg outlets

1pc of steel (or could be wood) 2" wide x 10" long x 1/8" thick pedal

1 pc of 3/8" ready-rod(all-thread) long enough to span the legs on the dewalt base to mount the pedal to acts as the swivel point

4 3/8" locking nuts(nylon nuts) to mount the pedal to to act as the swivel point

2 1/8" cable clamp

1 1/4" eye bolt with 2 1/4" nuts

1 small spring to return the pedal to the lift position does not need to be very strong as long as it can lift the pedal

step 1> mark and drill your holes on the lifting arm

step 2> mount the lifting onto the saw

step 3> mount your pulleys

step 4> drill your holes in the base for the ready rod

step 5> drill the holes to mount the u bolt in the end of the pedal to clamp the cable in

step 6> acouple of options to mount the pedal 1) weld the ready rod to the pedal if you have access to a welder or use JB-weld(liquid type)

B) epoxy or JB-weld a 3/8" square or round pc of tubing to the pedal for your ready rod to go thru option B will save the holes from being bored out on the stand and last longer and operate smoother

step 7> run your cable from the lift arm thru the pulleys and secure it to the pedal at the eye bolt

step 8> install the spring so it pulls the pedal into the up position

step enjoy your new gadget lol hmm i should have all the pcs for this now to complete my other projects before doing this one

blame

That's a great design, blame! I certainly can see how that would be helpful. I saw one guy just use a 2x4 to wedge the arm up....LOL. That's right up my alley. I geek out with technology, computers, and the internet, but I'm pretty low tech when it comes to my jigs and makeshift tools.

...All I need now is a steering wheel and I can drive it around town...

I wonder if you need a special driver's license for that. I'd hate to get pulled over for scrolling with out a license. :lol: