How I spent my weekend

Mimi

i love them all!! my favorite one is the hands and rose...where did you get a the pattern ? id like to make some for loved ones who have passed on  like my mom dad and older brother...i was thinking i could put there pictures in them instead of the name...or maybe make the name smaller and then put in under there pictures?  they would also make great christmas presents for my siblings.... was thinking of making one for my first service dog...he passed on years ago but i still have his picture ....  right now besides everything else im going through my patterns trying to find a family tree picture frame to hang on the wall with all my loved ones....it might take a while of searching for it because i have decades of patterns to go through!! lol you did a fabulious job and now you know why i usuly stick to simpler words when i like something i cant spell worth a darn!! lol 

10 hours ago, Dragonkort said:

i love them all!! my favorite one is the hands and rose...where did you get a the pattern ? id like to make some for loved ones who have passed on  like my mom dad and older brother...i was thinking i could put there pictures in them instead of the name...or maybe make the name smaller and then put in under there pictures?  they would also make great christmas presents for my siblings.... was thinking of making one for my first service dog...he passed on years ago but i still have his picture ....  right now besides everything else im going through my patterns trying to find a family tree picture frame to hang on the wall with all my loved ones....it might take a while of searching for it because i have decades of patterns to go through!! lol you did a fabulious job and now you know why i usuly stick to simpler words when i like something i cant spell worth a darn!! lol 

The hand with the rose is a Sue Mey pattern that I modified. She has others that have butterflies on them. The friend that I made all these for hands me ideas to make for her on paper towels. She wants me to make a family tree for her also. so if you find yours . may I see it. I really need some ideas. She is native american so so I want to go along with that theme. 

Well have a great day. thanks for the comments

Mimi

yes of course you can use it once I  find it, but it could take awhile...I think I saw one in my plastic canvas books...if it is all we will have to do is enlarge it and cut it out...and im looking through my wood magazines to...if I don't find it in those mags i'll check my sewing patterns...if its in the sewing mag its the same thing just enlarge it and trace it onto the wood....and if you find one before me would you share it with me...like I said I have over 30 years of different kinds of patterns to go though from different materals...lol 

On 6/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, Mimi said:

Was supposed to go to a wedding but things happened and couldn't go so. Hung out in the shop and got things done.Thank you Don for the Dorsey pattern. It turned out great. I am sure my friend is going to love it.  Thank you for looking and have a good week and be safe.

Mimi

IMG_20200607_173756.jpg

IMG_20200607_173704.jpg

IMG_20200607_173512.jpg

Obviously a time well spent in the shop, Mimi. The project about Henrietta is certainly one that helps bring healing and continual memories for her. All are very well done. .. Congratulations

Dick

heppnerguy

On 6/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, Dragonkort said:

yes of course you can use it once I  find it, but it could take awhile...I think I saw one in my plastic canvas books...if it is all we will have to do is enlarge it and cut it out...and im looking through my wood magazines to...if I don't find it in those mags i'll check my sewing patterns...if its in the sewing mag its the same thing just enlarge it and trace it onto the wood....and if you find one before me would you share it with me...like I said I have over 30 years of different kinds of patterns to go though from different materals...lol 

you would think with all the patterns and magazines I have I would have one. but. I have yet to see it. I have about 15 years of things.. I have pattern on cds and flash drives and in a file cabiner. not even sure how much I have on my computer. . How long have you been scrolling. I started in 2005 when I was going to college and it help me study. Now I use it as a stress reliever from work. I work at a child care center and I am in the 2yr old room and they will stress you out.. Well have a great day. 

Mimi

I started wood working in the late 70s....right after my ex and I got married....I have a picture of a veery young me learning how to use a dermal...we lived in an apartment at that and I think that was the only tool we had!! lol I think I put up a line cutting I did with a jack knife but not sure...in 1977-78 I made a totom pole with just a little ax and yup my jack knife lol I know it was done then because I was pg with my son when I started it and I finished it just after he was born. lol then I have 2 wood carvings I did in 79 (my son was still just a baby no more then one IF he was that old. lol)  one of them is an indian head and the other is a persons fist with a hole in it so It can hold a pencle. lol I did those in my early 20s. lol I also have a black wooden rocking chair that we got at an action that I carved the design that was on the back of the chair... I still have that old rocking chair...lol and yes that to was done with my jack knife. lol I don't know what finally happened to it...don't remember if it finally broke or just got lost in one of our various moves. lol so yes although im just now starting to try out the hard stuff I have been doing wood work for a very long time....  now for the pattern of the family tree... while the power and phone were out it gave me a chance to look through a bunch of my patterns and I did find one in my plastic canvas patterns …. not sure if I have any others in my vast laibary  of patterns of all kinds and I did scan it into my computer... I also found a sun picture frame in the same book that holds several pictures that I will put up....the problem im going to have is making the patterns large enough to do in wood.  for those of you who don't know anything about plastic canvas the pattern is seldom if ever printed full size  because you stitch the pattern on pieces of plastic canvas which is like a thin plastic with rows and colloms of holes in it that you stich or kind of sew into the holes to make the picture.... I also need it to have more openings for pictures in it so I can fit all my kids and spouces  ( one picture hole for them there spouse and child ) can then one for my 2 brothers and one sister...one for mom and dad and one for me and spike...so that's like 8 pictures id like to put into it.... then like I said I  loaded up the star picture frame that has several holes in it that I want to make to put pics of my pets in....we have to take both of the dogs to the vet for checkups today so I will put the pictures up in the can you make this pattern for me froum either after we get back or hopefuly tomarrow… lets see i'll need at least 5 holes in the star to get my most recent animal children pics in... iv had more then 5 animals in my life time of course but these 5 are spical to me for various reasons... but like I said ill put the pictures up... now sure weather to put up the picture of the finished work that's in the mag or just the pattern.... or maybe both lol we'll see I guess lol i'll put one or the other up soon and if you need the other you can let me know lol thanks for being so paticent while I looked for the pattern lol between woodworking sewing crocheting, knitting machine knitting and plastic notto mention emboridy and machine emboridy and the sand blasting and glass ingraving patterns I v been collection for over what 35-40 years it can take me awhile to find a spicifc pattern which is why I just grab a stack of patterns when im looking to make something new and then just grabe and trace out one or two to put on wood or gather the proper materals for what ever stricks my fancy while im looking through the patterns lol if that makes any sense. lol  I hope everybody has had a good few days and no one had to much damage if they were in the path of the storm lol