Challenging Cut Of The Day

kmmcrafts

So yesterday I had a repeat customer ask about making a 1965 Corvette ( her dad is a car collector and I've made them about 8 - 10 clocks they tell me each one get's more detail ) and asked me if I would be able to do the side pipes and the wheels, LOL.. Just so happen that I recently ordered the "Stingray " puzzle from Scott not long ago.. that has side pipes and the wheel style they was looking for.. I asked about having the word cut out and showed the pattern to them.. They liked the idea but I said I would cut both ways and see what way they like it.. I intended to show her both today but the first cut I messed up the cutting in the back wheel and it fell apart, LOL.. I gotta say.. the puzzle version is much easier to cut because to make this a clock I had to shrink the size of the car down by about 35% which makes all the cutting smaller and the distance between some bridges etc. much smaller too..   Hoping since I showed them just the one maybe they'll just want it and i won't need to make the other, LOL... actually now that I've cut it once or twice :)  I know tricks and what to watch out for so it won't be as bad next time.. 

I didn't show the side view of their car as they was in it for those photos... but this view shows the side pipes and wheels.. I'll show the finished piece once it's done.. Might be a few more days as I've got a Nova order and a Plymouth GTX order to do.. that just came in..

icm_fullxfull.258801006_6w6yj7parukgc4488ww0.jpg

icm_fullxfull.258801000_rwrgskwtkb4840wc4wgk.jpg

icm_fullxfull.263038165_gr1vnz28exc80wkw0488.jpg

icm_fullxfull.258424454_nq19db27stcg4o80wggk.jpg