My New Saw is Here.

Foxfold

Well, it arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. It runs as smooth as silk.  I've cleaned the table and waxed it and dusted it off.  Tony says I've been such a giddy kipper all morning that he'll be glad when I go in my shop and give him some peace . 🤣  Excuse the background noise, Tony was tinkering 🤣

Edited by Foxfold

9 hours ago, Foxfold said:

Well, it arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. It runs as smooth as silk.  I've cleaned the table and waxed it and dusted it off.  Tony says I've been such a giddy kipper all morning that he'll be glad when I go in my shop and give him some peace . 🤣  Excuse the background noise, Tony was tinkering 🤣

That's awesome Brenda. I hope you got a good one and your troubles are over. Now just get that old one resurrected and you'll wonder whant to cut next. I know having two great saws, the biggest problem is figuring out which saw to use. That's not a bad problem to have. Best of luck with your new toy.

7 hours ago, octoolguy said:

That's awesome Brenda. I hope you got a good one and your troubles are over. Now just get that old one resurrected and you'll wonder whant to cut next. I know having two great saws, the biggest problem is figuring out which saw to use. That's not a bad problem to have. Best of luck with your new toy.

He fixed the old one yesterday Ray, 😱  he filed and tinkered until everything was flush and it works like a good one. He said if I'd just had the patience to wait, I could have saved myself a fortune.   However, too late for me to send my new one back.  

He'd have to prise it out of my hands with a crowbar, now I've got it I'm not letting it go.  I told him It's worth every penny just to make me smile  🤣

Edited by Foxfold

1 hour ago, Oges said:

Great looking saw, looks similar to my Hegner clone except mine doesn't have that big emergency stop button

In the UK the stop button is mandatory for 'Health + Safety' although I think a lot of people bypass it for a footswitch.  It's all I've ever known so it doesn't bother me.  I have been told that the Axminster Trade Series saws are very much Hegner clones.

22 minutes ago, Foxfold said:

In the UK the stop button is mandatory for 'Health + Safety' although I think a lot of people bypass it for a footswitch.  It's all I've ever known so it doesn't bother me.  I have been told that the Axminster Trade Series saws are very much Hegner clones.

No the saw looks fine as you said it's out of the way. Been a few years since I have been behind my saw so Im looking forward to getting on it this weekend