Dremel 1830

weewillie

Unfortunatly, I don't own this machine, so I'm not sure how much advice I can give. Does it vibrate on all of the speeds? I know my saw will vibrate pretty bad at one certain speed because of harmonic vibration. Usually if I turn up or down the speed it fixes the problem. I also have my saw clamped to my bench which helps too. Don't know if this helps at all. I know a lot of people really like the Dremel saw, so I'm a little surprised you're having trouble this early with it.

i dont have this saw but by design there prone to have alot of vibrations there are a number of things you can look at to reduce it 1 you could mount the saw to a heavy bench with a thick rubber mat under the saw (easiest). 2 look at the balancer mounter on the motor and see if it is tight if it is you could take it off and mount it into a lathe and let it spin to see how much vibrations its producing. if does vibrate in the lathe you can see about getting it balance better at a machine shop . 3 check to make sure the parallel arm pivot points are lube d with alittle tool oil and are straight. my wilton saw i had was off and created alot of vibration due to the bushings in the arms being bad. course i didnt find this out til the lower arm broke :grr: . thats where i would start most likly it will end when you mount the saw to a bench.

Blame

It is mounted on rubber feet and bolted to a metal stand. It starts to vibrate about 10 oclock and just gets worse and the whole stand will move across the floor.I am not able to take this apart as it is a showroom model but I would just like to get it running properly as it is hard to sell a saw that jumps all over the floor. Now the hitachi cw40 on the other hand runs like a charm with only a little vibration at about 3 oclock.

from the dremel owners manual

Vibrations: Note: there will always be some vibrations present when t he saw is running because of the motor operations.

1. Improper mounting of saw. 1. See MOUNTING YOUR ScrollStation Pages 10.

2 Unsuitable mounting surface. 2. the heavier your work bench is, the less vibrations will occer. A plywood workbench will not be as good a work surface as the same size solid lumber. Use common sense in choosing a mounting service

3. Loose table or table resting on motor. 3. Tighten table wing knob.

Assembly

Mounting the ScrollStation NOTE: For proper stability, holes must be countersunk

to a Bench

screw heads are flush with the bottom surface of the s

porting board.

The ScrollStation should be fastened securely to a firm sup-

porting surface such as a stand or workbench, using the three

11-7/8"

mounting holes.

NOTE: When mounting this saw to a workbench, a solid

bench is preferable to a plywood bench where noise and

vibration will be more noticeable.

7-7

We recommend to reduce noise and vibration, that a soft

foam pad be placed between your ScrollStation and work-

bench (not included).

Quantity Description

1 Soft foam pad, such as carpet padding, 19-13/16""

24â€x12â€x1/2â€

When mounting the ScrollStation to a workbench, holes

Figure 3. Bench Mounting Template

should be drilled through the foam pad or carpet and mount-

ing surface of the workbench using the dimensions illustrated

in Figure 3.

Each of the three mounting holes should be bolted securely

using no less than 1/4" hex bolts, flat washers, lockwashers,

and nuts (not included). We recommend:

Quantity Description

4 Hex Head Bolts,

1/4"-20 x 1/4"-20 x Length Required

4 Flat Washers, 9/32" I.D.

4 Lockwasher, 9/32" I.D.

8 Hex Nuts, 1/4"-20

(Hardware not included)

Refer to Figures 3 and 4.

1. Locate and mark where the ScrollStation is to be mounted.

2. Drill the three (3) 5/16" holes through the workbench.

3. Place the ScrollStation on the workbench aligning holes

in the base with the holes drilled in the workbench. Insert

all three (3) bolts and secure using washers, lockwash- Figure 4. Table Mounting Hardware (not included)

ers and nuts.

NOTE: Do NOT overtighten mounting bolts. If using recom-

mended foam pad, leave some cushion in the foam pad for

absorbing noise and vibration.

24"

Mounting the ScrollStation

to Plywood 11-7/8"

An alternative method of securing your ScrollStation is to fas-

ten the ScrollStation base to a mounting board 18" x 24". Any 15" 7-7/8"

good grade of plywood with a 3/4" minimum thickness is rec-

ommended. Follow the instructions for MOUNTING THE

SCROLLSTATION TO A BENCH, substituting the 18" x 24"

board for the workbench and using 1/4"-20 flat head screws 19-13/16"

for the hex head bolts (Figure 4). Screws must be mounted

from underneath the plywood with washers and nuts on top.

Figure 5. Plywood Mounting Template

I have the Dremel 1800 scroll station which I believe is the same saw just with a sander on the side. I run mine at the 1 - 2 o clock position on the spped dial and have no problem with vibration. If I turn it up to full speed it vibrates like crazy, but I never need it turned up that fast. My saw is bolted to my bench with 1/2 foam pad under it. I've had this saw for going on 5 years and love it.

I just bought the Dremel 1830 but have only run it for about 15 minutes so I have no real experience as yet.

However, I am finishing building a dedicated bench for it. Not big but with a lower shelf where I will store some heavy items to add weight to this bench. [spare table saw motor]. Right now it is in varnish and as soon as I get some carpet underlay I will install and start using it. If the added "bench" weight helps, I will post the results.

I feel that the air nozzle is too short. I would like the dust blown away from me rather than across the work surface. I will have to work on that situation too.

Woodie