Few New Toys ( Tools ) Came In The Mail Today

kmmcrafts

Well, I've been on this debate for a long time and finally broke down ( literally saw broke ) and ordered a bunch of stuff, LOL

First off, My EX-21 started having fits again.. last fall it did the same ordeal and I took it all apart.. cleaned up the bearings etc, and greased with good synthetic grease.. When I took it apart the bearings was pretty bad.. however there was no source for the sleeve inserts so I just greased and put it back together.. Made it about 100 hours more before the thing got really loud again and has picked up a pretty bad vibration.. Actually surprised it made it that long.. couple of the bearings was dried of any grease and actually had rusted.. took a lot of work to clean it and free it up, LOL.. 

So a few weeks ago I talked to Ray at Seyco about the parts.. since I have the made in China saw that he doesn't support parts for.. We concluded that the parts are the same but he mentioned that he doesn't guarantee fitment of the parts because he's not sure of the tolerances of the China made saw.. but since I'd be replacing everything he said it all should work well.. the issue is when you only replace portions of the parts they may not fit etc.. 

So I finally ordered all new parts everything will be replace short of the electronics to the better made parts.. nearly $300 in parts.. I contemplated buying a new saw.. but if I go to a new saw it'll be a Pegas and I'd need to add another $500 to the funds to do that.. so for now I'm just renewing the saw I have.. I decided to wait on the Pegas to see what they're going to come up with for a new bigger table etc.. and maybe I'll pick up a new one this fall / winter..

I also been wanting to add dust collection to my saws.. I've been thinking this through for at least 2 years, LOL ( as you can see I'm not much of a impulse purchaser LOL ) .. I've studied many of the homemade systems.. and also the Seyco.. My original plan was to build a PVC manifold and buy a Festool or Fein..  But also I like tools and ready made systems.. I have 6 saws but only really use 4 of them.. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a Metro Vac and bought the parts ( hose and cyclone separator ) Vac came in a week or so ago but waiting on the other goodies to show up.. Since I have so many saws I need more than one system so I also ordered a Seyco dust system too.. I'll be adding that one to the EX-21 as it's kinda made and set up for that type saw.. the other I'll be adding to one of the Hawk saws.. as time permits.. since I'm going to be making that set up from pieces and parts rather than a kit It could be a while before I get too it as I've been really quite busy.. Hence my reasoning to just pick up the Seyco system for the EX-21.. so I can have at least one saw hooked up.. As much cutting as I've been doing the dust floating around is getting kinda crazy.. I'm hoping to get around to making a scroll saw room where it'll be heated before winter comes so I'm not wanting to fool around a whole lot with building a dust collection.. 

SO.. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll get a minute to rebuild the entire EX-21 and hook up the seyco dust collector. Maybe the other dust system pieces and parts will show up and I'll have time to get it hooked up to the Hawk before I start building my sawing room.. 

I replaced the same parts in my EX-21 (not China made) a few months before Christmas 2019 with what seems like the same parts you purchased.  

I replaced the same parts in my EX-21 (not China made) a few months before Christmas 2019, with what seems like the same parts you purchased. My saw was knocking loudly. It fixed it. I elected to replace everything because I didn't want to have my saw not working while I went through bits and pieces when I needed to get Christmas projects done.

A crowsfoot wrench is a handy tool to have when you are replacing these parts. If I remember correctly, the directions talk about bending a wrench or something like that.

tekton-crowfoot-wrenches-2575-a0_1000.jpg

1 hour ago, BadBob said:

I replaced the same parts in my EX-21 (not China made) a few months before Christmas 2019 with what seems like the same parts you purchased.  

I replaced the same parts in my EX-21 (not China made) a few months before Christmas 2019, with what seems like the same parts you purchased. My saw was knocking loudly. It fixed it. I elected to replace everything because I didn't want to have my saw not working while I went through bits and pieces when I needed to get Christmas projects done.

A crowsfoot wrench is a handy tool to have when you are replacing these parts. If I remember correctly, the directions talk about bending a wrench or something like that.

tekton-crowfoot-wrenches-2575-a0_1000.jpg

I haven't read the instructions yet.. but I've already had the saw apart last year.. I didn't bend any wrench or have a crows foot.. but I did remove the motor and everything to get better access to things.. I'm hoping to do a video or at least a slide show to put up on youtube provided I can come up with some sort of camera stand or something.. Maybe I need to look for a phone older that can mount to my tripod..  It'll be a few weeks out before I get to take on the rebuild task..