can't sqaure blade to table

JoAnne

Right and Left square is fine. It is the front and back that are off and I don't know how to fix it. I am going to put a pic on here so you can see. I think there is something wrong with it, I have had the saw for three months and have made puzzles. The pieces never fit right, either you had to try and push it in, put it in from the bottom or sand down the pieces. Being so new to it I chalked it up to operator error, now I wonder. If anyone can suggest anything I could try I'll try it

http://img12345.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi joanne,not being a dw788 repairman ,,but if that were my problem with it i would down load from "toolpartsdirect.com"the schematic of parts listed for your machine and take off part number"91".that will let your table drop down some and alieveate some of the problem. I don't want to give you unsafe advice but if it was mine thats what i would do.someone else will chime in with a better suggestion than mine for you though.thanks for asking. :)

Hi Joanne..I have never found the blades to be square front to back...it souldn't be an issue...that is what makes them cut...if you could cut out a shaple like the ace of clubs in 1/2"or 3/4"pine or any softer wood realy and post a pic of that it might help us figure out what is going on with your saw...since your saw is so new I wouldn't take it appart either... you might have to take it back and have it looked at....I feel sure some other members will chime in and offer some advice..

HOW THICK OF WOOD? WHAT TYPE OF WOOD? WHAT SIZE BLADE? DOES IT MATTER IF BLADES UP OR DOWN TOO THE ANGLE YOU SHOW IN THE PIC? SOME CHANGES IN BLADE ANGLE ON THIS STYLE SAW {WELL MOST SAW } IS COMMON ITS IN THE DESIGN OF MOVEMENT IN THE ARMS. AT SOME POINT THE BLADE SHOULD BE STRAIGHT MAYBE JUST FOR A SHORT TIME. I FIND MOST SAW THIS IS IN THE DOWN POSTION.

I just checked mine when I got home, I have a craftsman. In the full down position it's square in the up position it's not square. Like has been said I think it's like that on purpose so the blade bites into the wood. The more out of square front to rear the more aggressive it would cut.

If your cutting something and they don't slide out easily this is because you've cut a bevel in it. This happens when you tilt the table or when the blade bends while cutting.

Blade bending can be caused by trying to feed too fast (let the blade do the work) or the blade being too small for the thickness of the wood. (cutting one inch stock with a 0/2 blade) or a combination of both.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

KEVIN IS THERE ANYWAY TOO RAISE THE BACK OF THE TABLE? SHIM IT UP? YOUR'S IS IN NEED OF HELP NOT MUCH JUST A LITTLE . I THINK? I HAVE NEVER HAD DW788 BUT HAVE HAD SAW WITH THIS ISSUE AND DIDN'T LIKE IT ON FINE WORK . I ALWAYS SHIM UP THE TABLE TOO IT LEAST AT SOME POINT HAVE THE BLADE STRAIGHT. IN THE DOWN POSTION IS BEST