Whats that one guy doing in the Village

montgomery0

I signed a contract this morning to cut ou 60 pieces. Enough to work at my saw 10 hours per day 6days per week for a month, all paid daily if i choose. An open account at the hard wood shop. And on top of that account I have 7 other requests that came in rapid fire once they seen my work. The people at the hardwood "GAVE" me 10 feet of curly cherry 8 inches wide. a box full of blood wood, purple heart and wenge. Ordered my first gross of blades ever.. Wow, that is a giant step for me in a month and a half. originally set my goal for 6 months to get this far. A very, very large ammount of credit goes to the Village for this accomplishment..... Thank You All For your careing for the new stranger in town and helping me as you have. Travis you have a wonderfull place here you have created. I have read other scroll sites and they are missing the "homey" feeling that I have found here..

Much Respect.... Mark in the mile high city

Aww shucks. :oops: I'm glad you're enjoying SSV. We're a small group compared to the uber sites. But I kinda like it that way. I always get lost in the crowd on the big sites. Its nice to know eachother and chat. That's what makes it fun.

Your work obviously speaks for itself. I'm glad to hear you're getting some work coming through the door. And congratulations on the contracts. :thumbs:

Good Sunday Morning, I cut out 8 pieces {16} stacked in two days.Its not whats selling, so far that has my good fotunes going. Now im cutting for a man that owns a frame shop with a vision of selling art and mirrors with my art in the corners. So far he has chosen wild life and the overlayed feathers from Spielman and Reidle pattern books. He says most people think its laser cut..I take that as a compliment..As soon as I have a little more exposure, I will have requests for Skiers, bikers, boaters, mountaineers etc. I live in an active area where the economy is good and vacationers still flock to see the wonders of the rockies.Bet if I cut out 10 Bronkos helmets, they would be sold in a week.

Say Dan, do you know any one in Redford, Ellington area. I am a desendand of the Wolfe clan " Tony Wolfe"? ? Thank you all for your positive inpute, helps tremendassssly. Mark

Congratulations Mark, it goes to show how it can pay off when you get your work out there and exposed to the general public.

Im slowly getting mine out there, got an order to cut 50 keyrings for the kids school for Mother's day coming up. Not a big profit on this as the money is for the school to raise money, but im happy with what im getting paid to do it. They had already arranged for other things for Mothers day which is why they only wanted 50. But they said they are likely to want closer to 200 for keyrings for Father's day later in the year.

I am hoping good things will come from the Boot Sale the school is organising early next month too.