Parrot Wall Plaque

FrankEV

7 hours ago, FrankEV said:

1625513032_Parrotfinished.thumb.jpg.a22fbfe86dcf6e55274dd12f97a5a8dc.jpg

This is a 9"X15" wall plaque that I  made from a ZM Creations Royalty Free Parrot Ilustration and not a scrollsaw specific pattern. The top layer is 5/32" Maple solid core plywood over a double layer of inexpensive 1/4" Luan backer.  I took a few liberties with the cut out work and then painted the colors on the backer with acrilic craft paint following the colors of the ilustration. I muted the maple with a single coat of natural clear stain to embelish the grain pattern of the maple and finished the panel with about 7 or 8 coats of high gloss lacquer. I did light sanding using 1500 grit sanpaper between coats.  I finished the piece by framing the plywood to hide the exposed edges with a an upside down corner molding painted, with a shaker can, gloss black.  Using a wood burning tool I signd and dated the back side and then added picture hanger brackets.  The quickest part of the project was the scrollsaw work.  Waiting for stain, paint, laquer and glue to dry takes up a lot of time! 🙃. Patience is not my strong suit.  

That pops beautiful