Light Bulb Bud Vase

tbphotos

post-4970-134955574827_thumb.jpgJust finished this project today. Using my Dremel tool with a mini saw attachment, I carefully cut out the contact base on the light bulb and removed the filament. The flower petals and the two leaves are Yellow Cedar. The flower stem, stand and base are Oak. Of course I have to keep water in the light bulb so that my flower doesn't die LOL. Pattern by Steve Good.

Thanks for the comments. Actually, I was surprised how well it went cutting the base of the bulb. I used my Dremel tool with a mini saw attachment and cut out the black glass part where the contacts are soldered, then carefully broke the rest of it with needle-nose pliers right back to the metal base. Then with needle-nose pliers or even an allen key just carefully break the filament and dump it in the trash can. It is paramount to use safety glasses and a glove or rag while doing this, but it went quite quickly and perfectly without breaking the bulb.

Trevor

• 10 months later...
[attachment=0]IMGP4267.jpg[/attachment]Just finished this project today. Using my Dremel tool with a mini saw attachment, I carefully cut out the contact base on the light bulb and removed the filament. The flower petals and the two leaves are Yellow Cedar. The flower stem, stand and base are Oak. Of course I have to keep water in the light bulb so that my flower doesn't die LOL. Pattern by Steve Good.

I love it. It looks fantastic and I would have never that this is possible. Generally I love flowers and due to this I have a lot of different vases at home and I love extraordinary ones. Whenever I find a free flower delivery I order some flowers and maybe I can also make such a light bulb vase. Would love to have one because it is really extraordinary.

• 2 weeks later...