Childhood Memories

lawson56

World-famous WW1 flying ace!!!!  My all-time favorite of Snoopy's alter-egos!  Used to have a comic I cut out of the newspaper (yeah...dating myself...) where WW1FA was sitting atop his trustworthy Sopwith, moaning about the weather and conditions and general low morale, etc, and asked himself if there was no way to raise the spirits of the men?  Linus shows up in the last panel and says "tell them they'll be home by Christmas!"  Not sure why I cut it out, cuz it wasn't until many years later when I discovered a love for History (not just the rote memorization of names/dates taught in school), that I finally understood it.

Charles Schulz was also good friends with Bill Mauldin of "Willie and Joe" fame, another favorite cartoon of mine.  Snoopy can often be seen talking about going over to "quaff a few rootbeers with ole Bill Mauldin".  Not sure who did it, but when Charles Schulz passed away, a cartoon was circulated with a smiling Snoopy walking up to Willie and Joe.

Excellent cutting, sorry for the rambling!!!

great work!!! and yes i love them both!! my son is a big scoby do fan...so years ago i made him a scooby doo paper towl holder for his first apartment...he never used it he put it in a drawer i assume its still in a drawer in the house he lives in now.... most every thing i have made him he keeps in a drawer so i dont make him things anymore lol the onlly thing he ever used was the quilt i made for him with every other block hand emboridered....i made it for him when he was 3 lol it to is not in a drawer as its so old and needs mending  lol