Ford Maverick & Nissan Skyline Clock

kmmcrafts

41 minutes ago, ben2008 said:

I had a Ford Maverick. I bought it brand new in 1970. Piece of junk. That model didn't last long. Kind of like the Pinto. 

Friend in high school bought one that was really rough shape. should have been a parts car.. but he and his dad sorta restored it and it was an awesome car for a short time.. He turned left at a traffic light when he thought the oncoming traffic was going to stop as the light had turned yellow / red... and the back fender took a pretty hard hit... they pulled it out and made it derivable again though they never really fixed it back up.. I think they had plans to but then he smoked a deer with the front too so.. LOL Boy they had a lot of work in that old car.. I'd have never attempted to fix it.. there wasn't a straight or rust free panel on the car when they first got it, LOL.. nor did it have an engine.. but they got a junkyard motor and rebuilt it etc.. Like I said.. they had a lot of man hours putting that car together.. only looked good for about 8 months before the first mishap.. LOL There was a post about that car on his FB page last week which inspired me to make this clock, LOL  

1 hour ago, GrampaJim said:

1 hour ago, GrampaJim said:

I liked the one I had.  3 speed floor shift, bucket seats.  But oh man the rust!  😆

I had to have auto trans. Wife couldn't drive stick shift. I think mine came with hidden rust. I sold it after 2 years. The salt really took a toll on those old cars up here in MI, not so much today thank goodness. Auto trans, power steering, power brakes, bench seat, AM/FM radio and that was it.

Edited by ben2008

6 hours ago, wombatie said:

They look great.  Do you do your own patterns Kevin?

Marg

Thank you Marg!

As for patterns, not really but sort of, LOL.. I buy vectors of car images from a couple of etsy sellers.. they are just the image of the car... I then put the drawing into inkscape and add the part below the car with the car name then add the spot for the clock... this is why I don't share the patterns as the car portion really isn't mine to share..  Sometimes I'm able to work off of a coloring page.. Oh and I modify what to cut out or not while on the fly.. so I've gotten pretty good at knowing what will be a floater in a pattern and what have you.. I don't clean them all up as a scroll saw pattern normally would be.. just follow my gut on where to cut.. Also these vectors work with my CNC and laser for future projects.. Hope to one day open another store with my CNC / laser work.. I'll keep KevsKrafts a scroll sawn store and open up something new for the other stuff.. 

16 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Thank you Marg!

As for patterns, not really but sort of, LOL.. I buy vectors of car images from a couple of etsy sellers.. they are just the image of the car... I then put the drawing into inkscape and add the part below the car with the car name then add the spot for the clock... this is why I don't share the patterns as the car portion really isn't mine to share..  Sometimes I'm able to work off of a coloring page.. Oh and I modify what to cut out or not while on the fly.. so I've gotten pretty good at knowing what will be a floater in a pattern and what have you.. I don't clean them all up as a scroll saw pattern normally would be.. just follow my gut on where to cut.. Also these vectors work with my CNC and laser for future projects.. Hope to one day open another store with my CNC / laser work.. I'll keep KevsKrafts a scroll sawn store and open up something new for the other stuff.. 

Well it seems to me that you have a winning solution to the patterns and the outcome, always love seeing your works.

Marg

Oh my !!! I've been thinking of this .. Not exactly sure on how to make those or where to get those clocks to fit in there .. 

My son just got a pay raise - promotion - and spent it on a Ford Shelby GT. OYE. Dealership was BLOWING them out. So - he took advantage of it.

I would LOVE to make one of those for him !!!  I'll have to look and see if I can find a pattern for that or something.

Man - what inspiration !!! and GREAT work !!!!!