Gonna take a break from scrolling

Oldmansbike

I use to make pens, shaving brushes, razors, boxes, bowls. Flat work keepsake boxes, small furniture accessories. I am now taking up scroll sawing, hoping i can combine all crafts into one unique piece. I used to sell on Etsy and Ebay, gave that all up. Love my new to me RBI Hawk 226vs. Top notch lathe you have there, i just have a small midi lathe, love it.  Carl

4 hours ago, Jim McDonald said:

With the time and talent in this piece, I have a feeling you won't venture too far from your saws.

Gotta have time for fishing too. I do like building those clocks. I just ordered the Roman cathedral plans so I won't go to far from the Hawks.

30 minutes ago, Oldmansbike said:

Gotta have time for fishing too. I do like building those clocks. I just ordered the Roman cathedral plans so I won't go to far from the Hawks.

Wow, 2 Hawks. So there is no reason why i can't do stuff like that with my hawk then. All i gotta do is walk the line, sounds easy, but i am not there yet. Carl

3 hours ago, carl1 said:

Wow, 2 Hawks. So there is no reason why i can't do stuff like that with my hawk then. All i gotta do is walk the line, sounds easy, but i am not there yet. Carl

The226 I bought new in 96 the 220 I bought about a month ago used. I bought it for a spare. The 226 is 24 years old but still going strong. The clocks aren't that bad to make just takes lots of time and patience. I started on this clock in the middle of May and I should have it done by labor day I hope.

19 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Your apostle clock looks great! I was into turning for a few years doing the pen, bottle stopper, etc thing. I did not sell my turnings either. I sold everything with the exception of the lathe and tooling.

Haha  Seems like all of us at one time or another tried our hand with a lathe. I bougnt a Jet desk top lathe some years back, Tried my hand at pens etc. No luck at all. I even had a web site at that time. Never sold anything. Sold everything at half price. Live and learn.

Now, anything I make I keep it or give it away to family and friends. I get much more satisfaction doing that.