Is your shop air conditioned?

Joey

Joe, I stopped in on some hillbilly wood carvers once in Ark. end of August once. They were in a barn to big to cool, they each {3} had built simple little booths 5' by 6' with work benches. Each had a simple inexpensive ac unit in each booth where they spent most of their time carving. They would save any finishing or large sawing stuff that needed done in the barn area for the cool mornings...So a small booth to retaine cool air around your saw?? Just an idea. And a little faster than growing a shade tree....Mark

No window shakers or central a.c. here in south florida,Can't afford to pay the bill anyways.It's 85 to 95 degree's in the house on the second floor apartment at any given time.it's bearable so i sit in front of the fan scrolling.

You don't have a/c in south Florida?

I grew up in WPB, can't imagine not at least having a window unit.

• 2 weeks later...

My shop is in my garage which is under the left side of the house. A raised ranch style. During the summer it stays pretty cool actually. prob mid 60's. The entire back of the garage concrete is under ground level, so it keeps the concrete cool.

During the winter though, it's way too cold to do any work.. prob in the mid to upper 40's on those real cold New England winter days. I am planning on actually taking the garage door out and framing in a set of french patio doors and a window someday. I dont' use my garage as anything but a wood shop anyway. But framing it in would really keep the damn spiders out too. I just can't seem to get rid of all the damn spiders during the summer. Mainly daddy long legs ones. But it's annoying to see cob webs and spider webs all over the upper corners and spider poop and dead insets on the one window sill in the garage.

• 3 weeks later...