New Chair

Foxfold

I've tried various things at my saw. Chairs, Stools, swivel stool, stools with bars for your feet, etc, etc.  However, nothing seemed to fit me. They either made my back ache or my neck ache. 

Well, I had this old chair from when I had my corner in Tony's workshop. It had just a board fastened across the arms and I found it comfy, but, my saw is now in my new workshop and the bench is slightly higher in there, so.!  We improvised and Tony came up with this... It's perfect !!   

I find that being able to stand + sit at the same time is so, so comfy. I have just used my saw for a good couple of hours and nothing aches. !!

Now I'll grant you it wouldn't win a prize for the best looking seat in the world but I love it..

Chair at Saw.jpg

1 hour ago, Foxfold said:

What's confusing you Ray ?

I guess that you are calling it a "chair". I remember many years ago when there were still milk delivery trucks that had a "leaning post" type of seat that the driver would lean against while driving between stops. I'm old, I get "confused" very easily anymore. LOL.

44 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

But, how to you get off your feet and still lean against it?

I don't Ray, I'm quite happy on my feet, it was my back and neck that bothered me. Although I have a thick carpet mat to stand on as I find a concrete floor very hard and cold.  I suppose as we get older we all have 'different' bits that hurt. Old age is wonderful isn't it ?   I now understand what my mother meant when she said ''Youth is wasted on the young''   🤣

Edited by Foxfold

1 hour ago, Foxfold said:

I don't Ray, I'm quite happy on my feet, it was my back and neck that bothered me. Although I have a thick carpet mat to stand on as I find a concrete floor very hard and cold.  I suppose as we get older we all have 'different' bits that hurt. Old age is wonderful isn't it ?   I now understand what my mother meant when she said ''Youth is wasted on the young''   🤣

She was a wise lady. I hope you know that I'm just "jesting" with you. We all need to make the adjustments to our scrolling environment that allows us to work in confort. If that works for you, then it is "beautiful". Scroll on fair maiden!