Pin ended blades

Joey

Joey , pin end blades are available at sears and most hardware stores, also on line at a lower cost and much better quality. Most serious scrollers prefer straight blades as the access hole don't need to be near as large and there is more variety of styles.Mike at mikes workshop has great blades and service at a great price.You should be able to get the manual online or at sears.

sully

When I first got my saw, I picked up a blade assortment from Sears and another from Home Depot. Over time I saw rave reviews of Flying Dutchman blades so I picked some up. I also picked up an assortment of Olson blades including their PGT series.

My original blades that I first bought fell into disuse as I acquired these new blades, but recently I decided to try the old ones again. My workpiece started jumping around and the wood started burning again just like when I first started cutting with them. It was not long before these old blades went into the trash.

Now I use strictly the PGT's and the blades from Flying Dutchman. I don't believe either of these come with pin-ends, though possibly Flying Dutchman makes some.

You might want to look into whether your Craftsman saw can be converted to accept straight blades. I seem to recall they had a conversion kit at one time though I also seem to recall reading a negative review of the kit.

Howdy Joey,

My Craftsman uses both also, but I found it more trouble than it was worth to keep using the allen wrench to change the blades. However, the saw was great with the pin end blades and I got quick at changing them for the scroll work. Like the other fellers said, you are limited in detail scroll work by the size hole you have to drill, but I found it to be a great learning saw and lots of fun. I usually got my pin end blades from Lowes or Home Depot, but the other fellers are right about other brands (Olson, Flying Dutchman, etc) being better quality. I have upgraded about 2 weeks ago, but still have my Craftsman for backup for now. Anyway, as far as the manual, go to the sears website to parts direct link and they have manuals, as well as breakdown drawings for parts, etc. Helped me out a lot when I needed it. Had to replace the lower arm when I ignored an increasing rattle. Small bushing wore out and wallowed out the hole it was in. My bad !! lol No problem with the parts, got them in a week and back in operation.

Anyway, good luck with the saw and have fun. I am new to this site and this is actually my first reply to anyone. Hope I helped.

Later,

Billie Ray

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your suggestions and advice. I did get the manual

from the web site. The conversion kit and some blades from Sears. The

manual talked about the importance of keeping the bushings lubercated

and I am doing that now, also, will check with the Flying Dutchman.

Thanks again, Joey