Birch plywood

kardar2

Yes definetly get the better birch plywood. The b/bb wood doesn't have the voids like the plywood you'll find at lowes.

As for blades I have used scroll reverse and ultra reverse blades. I like both but think I'm going to stick with the UR blades. I use them not only with Baltic birch ply but on all types and really like them.

I'VE USED AND HAVE ALL OLSON AND FD BLADES. I HAVE LEARNED DIFFERENT SAWS, WOOD TYPES, AND PEOPLE LIKE DIFFERENT BLADES. IN ONE PROJECT I MAY USE UP TOO 4-5 DIFFERENT BLADES JUST LIKE A PAINTER USES BRUSHES. TRY ONE OR TWO BLADES ON SCRAP SEE WHAT WORK BEST, BUT REMEMBER TOMORROWS A NEW DAY THE BLADE YOU LIKE TODAY YOU MAY HATE NEXT WEEK ON A DIFFERENT PROJECT OR DIFFERENT SAW! I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ISSUE WITH PLYWOOD, MOISTURE OF THE WOOD CHANGES ALOT AND FAST CAUSING CHIPPING OR THE BEST PIECE EVER. I MAINLY USE SOLID HARDWOOD THAT I LAMINATE MY SELF SO I KNOW THE QUALITY AND HAVE LESS CHIP OUT. BUT JUST ABOUT ALWAYS USE A REVERSE CUT BLADE HOPE THIS HELPS ! GOOD WOOD AND BLADES MAKES GOOD WORKS OF ART