Im excited and have to share....

I'm so pumped right now!

Ok so y'all remember the Victorian train I made?

I just sold it for $790

And with that money I also just purchased an Excalibur 21" scroll saw with footswitch and stand off eBay for $734 shipped. (new in the box)

You may remember my craftsman was dying, well it broke even further while using it just yesterday. The table friction knob busted off now I have to clamp the table still. And it still runs at variable speeds on it's own. Not bad when it slows down can be dangerous to the project when it speeds up though.

I probably buy new parts for the craftsman and either keep it as a spare or sell it well see.

Anyway I wanted to share my news.

Mike

That's the best part of all, when the table friction broke I wasn't sure how I was going to replace my saw. The craft show I did this month was a total flop for everyone there. And I really didn't think the train was going to sell, only 18 lookers and no watchers on eBay. The with seconds left a buyer emerged!

Congrats on the great sale and the purchase of your new saw, sounds like you were really in need of a new one.

..I really didn't think the train was going to sell, only 18 lookers and no watchers on eBay. The with seconds left a buyer emerged!..

That's how I bid on most of my Ebay auctions, saves driving the price up ... not good when you are the seller though :|

Nice work, I'm sure it was very, very well packed !

Would be a crying shame to have it arrive in splinters ,, I shouldn't even say that, but I have seen some very shoddy packing on fragile items, and have had things arrived busted up.

The shipping companies can be brutal with packages, I tend to over-pack anything that has a chance to be damaged.

it arrived today, upacked and set everything up. did a little cutting with it, and i'm pretty happy so far. very quiet and low vibes compared to my craftsman. cuts pretty smooth.

I've never used the foot switch before but I think I can get used to that. I like that I don't have to reach all the way to the back of the machine to set the tension.

001.jpg

002.jpg