Pegas Scroll Saw Large Table

Denny Knappen

Appears to be the same width? just about 7-8" longer from looking at the photo. Nice to see a picture of one.. 

I'm torn on the vacuum holes or not.. I'm probably the only person that hooked up a vac to the port on these and actually liked it other than the loud vacuum running.. I bought the Seyco vac.. and I do like it but it's not enough power to put a T fitting in and get an above table collection.. I used a powerful shop vac hooked to the existing port on my EX-21 and it did very well at getting even a lot of it from the top side... The downside was it does suck the project down to the table and you have to keep it really slick ( coated with wax good ) suspect that's why the paint worn off my table so quickly too maybe.. The Seyco dust collector works decent and a lot quieter than my big ol shop vac.. but needs  some sort of above the table collection.. Kinda wish i had gone the higher priced route and bought a Fein or Festool quiet vac and run both top and bottom collection.. long hose so it could go through my ceiling and park the vac upstairs in my loft.. LOL

Another thing that helps a lot with the dust above the table is putting the blade in right side up... Don't ask 😂🤣,  I just was getting a lot more dust than normal and thought my little Seyco was plugged up and checking everything... except the blade.. when the blade got dull and I removed it.. I noticed something was odd about it.. then it hit me.. Guess what.. put it back in the right way and it was sharp on that end.. Got double life out of that blade.. 😂🤣😂

Anyway, Looks like a nice upgrade... Guessing it's not available with the holes at all.. since most people don't like them, LOL.. 

29 minutes ago, kmmcrafts said:

Appears to be the same width? just about 7-8" longer from looking at the photo. Nice to see a picture of one.. 

I'm torn on the vacuum holes or not.. I'm probably the only person that hooked up a vac to the port on these and actually liked it other than the loud vacuum running.. I bought the Seyco vac.. and I do like it but it's not enough power to put a T fitting in and get an above table collection.. I used a powerful shop vac hooked to the existing port on my EX-21 and it did very well at getting even a lot of it from the top side... The downside was it does suck the project down to the table and you have to keep it really slick ( coated with wax good ) suspect that's why the paint worn off my table so quickly too maybe.. The Seyco dust collector works decent and a lot quieter than my big ol shop vac.. but needs  some sort of above the table collection.. Kinda wish i had gone the higher priced route and bought a Fein or Festool quiet vac and run both top and bottom collection.. long hose so it could go through my ceiling and park the vac upstairs in my loft.. LOL

Another thing that helps a lot with the dust above the table is putting the blade in right side up... Don't ask 😂🤣,  I just was getting a lot more dust than normal and thought my little Seyco was plugged up and checking everything... except the blade.. when the blade got dull and I removed it.. I noticed something was odd about it.. then it hit me.. Guess what.. put it back in the right way and it was sharp on that end.. Got double life out of that blade.. 😂🤣😂

Anyway, Looks like a nice upgrade... Guessing it's not available with the holes at all.. since most people don't like them, LOL.. 

Kevin, it is not only longer, but also wider.  About the same size as the Seyco.  I didn't like the vacuum on the EX21 and now the Pegas, so I took off the plastic even before starting up the saw.

The finish on my EX21 was well worn even after a year.  I have had the Pegas for just over a year and very little wear.

6 hours ago, Denny Knappen said:

Kevin, it is not only longer, but also wider.  About the same size as the Seyco.  I didn't like the vacuum on the EX21 and now the Pegas, so I took off the plastic even before starting up the saw.

The finish on my EX21 was well worn even after a year.  I have had the Pegas for just over a year and very little wear.

Now we wont' be able to tell the age of these saws by the wear on their tables . . . . but progress is progress LOL

Holy cow!!! That thing looks like an aircraft carrier!!!  But then again I'm use to looking at a 16" saw, not a 21". 

Denny, I heard somewhere ( a while back) that Pegas made a 16" but only released the 21" for the U.S.? If so do they make an extended table for a 16" ? 

If I ever have "extra money" HA then I'll get a 21" saw with a big table to leave at the "home shop" and keep the 16" King for our 5th wheel travels.

58 minutes ago, OzarkSawdust said:

Holy cow!!! That thing looks like an aircraft carrier!!!  But then again I'm use to looking at a 16" saw, not a 21". 

Denny, I heard somewhere ( a while back) that Pegas made a 16" but only released the 21" for the U.S.? If so do they make an extended table for a 16" ? 

If I ever have "extra money" HA then I'll get a 21" saw with a big table to leave at the "home shop" and keep the 16" King for our 5th wheel travels.

Nothing on the 16".  Bob Duncan of Pegas was furloughed, so very little information coming out of Pegas.

2 hours ago, rustynail said:

Denny do you have tables available currently in stock?

Richard

Yes, I drop ship from Pegas.  In fact already sold three.  $137 plus $30 shipping to you.  The last one was shipped to Cedar Springs MI.  It is not on the website so if you would like to order, email me at: ArtCraftersScrollSaw@gmail.com

2 minutes ago, puzzleman said:

Kevin,

you mentioned that you have a Seyco dust collector - what model do you have?

Brian

Brian, This is what I have here... https://www.seyco.com/dv-10a-cyclonic-action-scroll-saw-dust-collector/ I also have another just about like it but it's a home built system using a MetroVac 5000 that I bought off eBay and a small plastic cyclone separator I got from Amazon.. Somewhere around here is a topic with links that I think Ray @octoolguy posted as I copied what he did basically...