Old Walnut

trackman

Thanks to Travis for making the pattern for this wall sign.  The back story on the walnut is ** About 40 years ago my uncle took down his barn. Best he was told the barn was built around 1860. He was a woodworker an planed down a piece of rough saw board. Story short most of the inside boards was walnut.  He sold a lot of them, made a lot of things an gave me a bunch. So I would guess the wood is around 300 years old. The grain is different than most you get now. Back when the barn was built they used what ever was on the farm. 

EE3672F4-B090-4822-A019-42A02EE26DA0.jpeg

Edited by trackman

51 minutes ago, FrankEV said:

Very nice work, but sorry,  that table cloth, or whatever it is, has to go!  

You should take pride in your work and not hide it with a background like that.  Difficult to tell even what it is.  A simple white poster board would be a much better background.

I do take pride in my work!  I took that picture this AM in a hurry because it was going to be picked up soon. I had forgot I had a better picture taken yesterday. Hope it is better A3833172-C384-40CE-AADB-96731CD3BF40.thumb.jpeg.2840cc70765af7931db29fe4dc5bec4c.jpeg

Edited by trackman